Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid overtime

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a low paid part time job. Whenever I have to work overtime my manager insists that I take the time back on quiet days rather than get paid for it. I don't really have a problem with it if it's an additional few hours on a day I'm already working, but now she's asking me to come in on extra days for a few hours and not paying me. Am I entitled to insist that if its an extra day I get paid? How bad does it look if I insist I'm only working my set days if she won't pay me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I'm in a low paid part time job. Whenever I have to work overtime my manager insists that I take the time back on quiet days rather than get paid for it. I don't really have a problem with it if it's an additional few hours on a day I'm already working, but now she's asking me to come in on extra days for a few hours and not paying me. Am I entitled to insist that if its an extra day I get paid? How bad does it look if I insist I'm only working my set days if she won't pay me?

If it's a rostered day off it's totally unreasonable. Start making plans on those days and being unavailable.

Advertisement