Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pomsky!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Nody wrote: »
    Are you aware of the level of exercise (physical and mental) a breed such as Husky require every single day?

Yes I am aware, and that's why I'm not just jumping into buying a dog. As I said I will be the one that will end up having to do everything for the dog. Walking feeding and everything else that goes with it. So if I'm going to do this I want to be the one that chooses the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

gramo wrote: »
    Yes I am aware, and that's why I'm not just jumping into buying a dog.

It is really a good thing not to jump into buying a dog. Perhaps you should thing about having a look a rescuing a dog (there are plenty) and talking to the rescue people about your lifestyle and how much time you will have in your day to walk, exercise and consistently train a dog and they might be able to help you find that dog that is right for you. As even within breeds dog can differ!
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

<snip>

No linking to advertising sites as per forum Charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ladies and Gentlemen. If you believe the guff on that ad, you'll believe anything....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Huge amount of huskies, Akitas and Malamutes for sale or free to a good home on done deal, now that they seem to be out of fashion.

They are obviously much more work than people bargain for or wish to commit to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

juneg wrote: »
    Huge amount of huskies, Akitas and Malamutes for sale or free to a good home on done deal, now that they seem to be out of fashion.

As the owner of two... Yes, they are a lot of work. Plus, and this is as important, they're been very badly bred the last few years.

We waited a year, and paid a LOT of money for our second guy. Both cost more than I'd care to admit... But...

An ounce of breeding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

juneg wrote: »

There was a mal in the paper the other day under a Devil Dog headline, which is probably influencing people too.

kylith wrote: »
    There was a mal in the paper the other day under a Devil Dog headline, which is probably influencing people too.

Its not just that, they can be a nightmare for the first couple of years. People dont realize what a handful they can be as puppys. Constantly see people giving them away.

Advertisement