Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone backup new comp help

• 15-10-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I have an iphone 4 (not sure if its a 4s) and I backed it up to my desktop about 9-12 months ago. It badly needs to be backed up however my desktop memory is full (desktop pretty much banjaxed anyway). Recently bought a laptop and now I want to back up the iphone to the laptop how do I do this without losing everything on the phone? It's a 13gb phone and its still on version 5.1.1.
    All help gratefully appreciated. Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

To do a backup, first you should install iTunes on your computer. You can download it from www.itunes.com
    Then you just need to connect the phone to your computer with your usb cable, open itunes and select backup.

There is a step-by-step guide on the following Apple Support page, just follow the instructions at "iTunes - how to backup".

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766?viewlocale=en_US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Depends what you want to take off the iPhone. If it's just apps and data and such then all you need to do is download iTunes, plug in the iPhone, click on the iPhone name and choose the backup option. If there is music on the iPhone you don't want to lose then there are two ways. One is you go onto the old computer and simply find the iTunes library (the location will depend on what operating system you have on your PC) and copy it onto the new computer. The instructions for that are here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

If you only have access to the iPhone and want to remove music from it you can either download a program (I use Touchcopy, which is a paid program I got for free through a promotion a while back. I'm sure there are other programs available for nothing that do the same job). That will allow you to transfer the music from your iPhone to your new PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sharepod is a free program to copy music from iPhone to PC

Advertisement