Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for improvement

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I came across a dangerous situation involving eircom infrastructure and I decided to report it. A quick Google turned up nothing other than 1901, so I tried that. Not being an eircom customer I ran into problems when asked for a phone numbered so I gave up and rang 11811 thinking they will know what phone number I can use, wrong they just say ring 1901 and press hash when asked for the phone number. So I do this and then go and do this, go through all the menus only to be given a 1850 number to ring.

Finally I ring the 1850 number and get to talk to the right person but it took me a long time to get there.  You really need to make this number more easily got. Even googleing the number I get nothing, almost like its a secret.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Yesterday I came across a dangerous situation involving eircom infrastructure and I decided to report it. A quick Google turned up nothing other than 1901, so I tried that. Not being an eircom customer I ran into problems when asked for a phone numbered so I gave up and rang 11811 thinking they will know what phone number I can use, wrong they just say ring 1901 and press hash when asked for the phone number. So I do this and then go and do this, go through all the menus only to be given a 1850 number to ring.

Finally I ring the 1850 number and get to talk to the right person but it took me a long time to get there.  You really need to make this number more easily got. Even googleing the number I get nothing, almost like its a secret.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you took so long to log the issue. Especially as you were just trying to make us aware of a problem. I appreciate the online contact information is geared for existing eircom customers.

http://www.eircom.net/about/contact

I will defiantly pass your feedback to the online content / journey team.

Thanks again for taking the time to log the issue.

Mark

Advertisement