Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best triathlon event in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

The only con with Rosses Point is the poxy beach run and up the slip. Hopefully that run route will revert back to the original in 2014.

Organisers thought it was a success and plan on keeping it for next year as well as the beach run.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

Hotw for me personally , maybe difficult to get into on the first round but not on the last round , as long as your logged into active and all your details are correct ! though have been guilty of " shaky hands" when registering...but have managed to do it 12 times.

Also the Hardman is an Excellent race in my opinion ,did the first one and will go back again , not a branded iron distance and kind of looked down on for that ( I think ! ) but still 140.6 miles in stunning scenery , without the bike route being brutal , challenging alright though!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

dave04 wrote: »
    Hotw for me personally , maybe difficult to get into on the first round but not on the last round , as long as your logged into active and all your details are correct ! though have been guilty of " shaky hands" when registering...but have managed to do it 12 times.

Also the Hardman is an Excellent race in my opinion ,did the first one and will go back again , not a branded iron distance and kind of looked down on for that ( I think ! ) but still 140.6 miles in stunning scenery , without the bike route being brutal , challenging alright though!

+1 on the hardman. Did it this year, first long distance. Stunning scenery/location and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

bopperr wrote: »
    HOTW is great... Lost sheep is equally as good if not better but double the distance basically

If it's Olympic then Kenmare's Little Bo Peep deserves a shout - Cycle is scenic, run not so much, but great event - Also, Black Sod deserves a shout out I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I like Camlough Sprint.

Tough decent bike.
    Tough honest run.

Great atmosphere and since 2004 its mostly been cracking weather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement