Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB chip and pin Visa Debit card failing repeatedly

Options
  • 15-10-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any issues with their AIB Visa debit cards failing???? My latest replacement card has just failed again up at the local shop which means I can't make dinner tonight!!! This latest card lasted an amazing 11 days!!! The last one failed when I was at the butchers which was a 40 minute round trip wasted. The next card will either be card 5 or 6 but seriously thinking about going somewhere else if they can't sort something. It's embarrassing, so inconvenient and it wastes my time :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I've had the same issue with my BoI visa debit card, on the fourth one in three months. When I rang last time to complain, I was told the problem happens if you put a smart phone anywhere near the card - do you ever have the card and your phone beside each other, in your pocket or your bag?

If I go out without my handbag sometimes I just throw the lot into my pocket, and hey presto the card stops working. Think it's ok if you keep the card in a wallet and just make sure never put the phone directly on top of it:mad:

It's obviously a major design flaw with the card technology and a pain in the @ss to have to constantly remember not to put your phone near the card, but I thought it might at least answer why it's been happening so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

Believe it or not, I don't have a smart phone! I have an old normal Nokia phone....business phone is the reason for this so at least that is one thing I can cross off the list. But thank you, all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 farawayhills

My Aib Visa debit card wasn't accepted by the machine when i went to pay my NCT fee on Sunday morning last Oct 13(LetterkennY) Had no problems in shops before then
    correct pin entered AND tried twice
    luckily i had my Visa Credit card with me (hadn't sufficient cash....cheques not accepted) which went thru no problem

Advertisement