Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pretty horrible by the Mexican player in tonight's Milk Cup game.

https://vine.co/v/MEn2tnXTWKu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Jesus, that's a shocker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

zerks wrote: »
    Pretty horrible by the Mexican player in tonight's Milk Cup game.

https://vine.co/v/MEn2tnXTWKu

Kind of happy to see 9 get a kicking after that dive and role if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nah man, kicking somebody on the deck is filth, even if the guy threw himself there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Kind of think he went over on his ankle rather than dived. He was standing right in front of the ref.
    Even if he dived, doesn't mean he deserves a kick in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not much of a game but I'm absolutely loving the track they use in it. Sort of M83 vibe off it, I challenge anybody not to like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, stepping in to end that discussion pretty quick.

If there's fears of trolling, if there's worries about users off site trying to organize problems on here, contact a mod. I don't fancy seeing a witch-hunt starting up on here, so that ends right now.

As I said, if you have fear or proof of any such things, get in touch with a mod but going public like this will only serve to make problems worse.

People are well entitled to discuss it as long as they don't mention abusers/abusees

Kind of think he went over on his ankle rather than dived. He was standing right in front of the ref.
    Even if he dived, doesn't mean he deserves a kick in the head

No, he pretended he was hurt and threw himself to the floor. You can see him clutching his side as he went down. He might have been hit by the 7 before he went down, it's hard to see, but 9 definitely didn't go over on his ankle. He threw himself to the floor pretending to be hurt.

I wouldn't want him to have been badly injured or anything, but I am glad that he got a kick in the head. I hope he got a fright from it and that he has learned a lesson. Hopefully that will be one less player going down, pretending that he's injured, in the world of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good lord, glad he got a kick in the head. That's horrible pro. F.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good lord, glad he got a kick in the head. That's horrible pro. F.

How so?

• Advertisement

How so?

Because a kick to the head can be fatal.

Durr.

Because a kick to the head can be fatal.

Durr.

A kick to the head isn't so likely to be fatal that I'm going to be appalled at the very idea of somebody being kicked in the head. The guy wasn't hurt and jumped straight back up.

I'm not saying that the kicker shouldn't be punished and I'm not saying that I wish injury on the 9 who had thrown himself to the ground. I'm just saying that I'm glad he got a kick in the head because I hope it might frighten him off the idea of throwing himself to the ground like that in future.

I still can't understand how anyone can be glad to see someone kicked in the head so they can't be taught a lesson.

I still can't understand how anyone can be glad to see someone kicked in the head so they can't be taught a lesson.

Could you understand me being glad to see somebody getting a slap in the face?

Not particularly but it probably wouldn't lead to anything more than a mark on their cheek. Big difference than a boot to the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There is no comparison between someone getting a slap in the face and someone getting kicked in the head. That's a ridiculous comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A kick to the head isn't so likely to be fatal that I'm going to be appalled at the very idea of somebody being kicked in the head. The guy wasn't hurt and jumped straight back up.

He was running at him before launching the boot. If that had of connected in the right manner then he was in serious trouble.

You're being very silly, guess drunk given the hour.

Not particularly but it probably wouldn't lead to anything more than a mark on their cheek. Big difference than a boot to the head.

There is not a big difference between being slapped and being kicked the way that guy kicked.
    RasTa wrote: »
    He was running at him before launching the boot. If that had of connected in the right manner then he was in serious trouble.

He didn't connect in the right manner. He kicked with the soft part of his foot and with the motion that does not impart so much force (ie he kicked just like you kick a football). You might be surprised at how infrequently people do manage to impart consequential force through the soft human foot when kicking somebody, and that guy definitely didn't do so. One kick from somebody in football boots delivered in that way is not as automatically dangerous as you guys think.
    You're being very silly, guess drunk given the hour.

Not at all. Sure I first posted the opinion at 3 o'clock on Thursday afternoon. That would be one long drinking session.

There is not a big difference between being slapped and being kicked the way that guy kicked.

He didn't connect in the right manner. He kicked with the soft part of his foot and with the motion that does not impart so much force (ie he kicked just like you kick a football). You might be surprised at how infrequently people do manage to impart consequential force through the soft human foot when kicking somebody, and that guy definitely didn't do so. One kick from somebody in football boots delivered in that way is not as automatically dangerous as you guys think.

Kicking someone's head with the same force as you would kick a football is going to do damage.

Since you're not that worried, let's meet up and I'll apply said kick to your head and we can study the damage :D

Kicking someone in the head when they are downed is one of the most cowardly acts during a fight

• Advertisement

Kicking someone's head with the same force as you would kick a football is going to do damage.

You don't know what you are talking about. I gave you a good explanation, but you just want to believe blanket statements with no evidence.
    Since you're not that worried, let's meet up and I'll apply said kick to your head and we can study the damage :D

Kicking someone in the head when they are downed is one of the most cowardly acts during a fight

It's fairly scummy all right and it should be punished severely. But the way he threw that kick wasn't as dangerous as you think, the guy wasn't hurt and I'm kind of glad if he got a bit of a fright from the whole episode.

You don't know what you are talking about. I gave you a good explanation, but you just want to believe blanket statements with no evidence.

You didn't give any explanation, you mentioned some rubbish about the soft part of your foot. Where does one draw this conclusion re soft part and no damage?

You didn't give any explanation, you mentioned some rubbish about the soft part of your foot. Where does one draw this conclusion re soft part and no damage?

From years of experience of kicking and being kicked in Muay Thai.

From years of experience of kicking and being kicked in Muay Thai.

Ah yes, thought it was some self experience statement

Ah yes, thought it was some self experience statement

You're only questioning my motives now because you're losing the argument.

You're only questioning my motives now because you're losing the argument.

Your whole argument is based on the fact you did some Muay Thai, completely ignoring the fact he missed his target.

• Advertisement

Your whole argument is based on the fact you did some Muay Thai, completely ignoring the fact he missed his target.

I haven't ignored anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'd far prefer to see somebody dive than somebody using that level of aggression on a pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Kicking someone or even attempting to kick someone on a football pitch is a pure scumbag move no matter what kind of justification you put on it or how much you try play it down.

Muay Thai is not football so trying to play down the force of the kick is nonsense of the highest order.

Kicking someone or even attempting to kick someone on a football pitch is a pure scumbag move no matter what kind of justification you put on it or how much you try play it down.

Muay Thai is not football so trying to play down the force of the kick is nonsense of the highest order.

I said it was a scummy thing to do and that he should be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I said it was a scummy thing to do and that he should be punished.

You also have said repeatedly that you are glad he got kicked. So you're a fan of "scummy things" being done on a football pitch basically.

Using the fact that he "dived" as a validation is insane. In no way does it warrant any physical assault and nobody has the right to do something like that on a football pitch. It shows a distinct lack of class among other things and anyone who thinks that it's ok is displaying similar.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You also have said repeatedly that you are glad he got kicked. So you're a fan of "scummy things" being done on a football pitch basically.

Using the fact that he "dived" as a validation is insane. In no way does it warrant any physical assault and nobody has the right to do something like that on a football pitch. It shows a distinct lack of class among other things and anyone who thinks that it's ok is displaying similar.

Like I said earlier, I'm not immediately appalled by a kick to the head just because it's a kick to the head, not when it doesn't do any damage and doesn't come close to doing any damage. I would have been appalled if the kicker had been wearing heavy boots (not football boots) or if he had kicked in another way or if he had tried to do it repeatedly or if it had been in a real fight where there was a danger of others joining in.

Of course the feigning injury previous to it doesn't make the kick warranted and of course the kicker didn't have a right to do it, that's why I would a agree with a harsh punishment for him. It's possible to think that the kicker was scummy and should be punished and also be glad that the injury feigner was given a fright, because you know he won't be punished.

You think I'm displaying a lack of class for thinking this way? Good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

BuN1vmVIcAAkdu7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Can you take a penalty with your head?

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Can you take a penalty with your head?

Depends on how many drugs you have taken.

Why would Pepe Reina go to Bayern to play second fiddle to Neuer?
    Can never understand the motivations behind this sort of thing.

He's going to sit on his arse for the rest of his car€€r.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Easy to understand IMO. 31 and he gets an opportunity to sign for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Guardiola at the helm helps the decision too I would imagine. And he's probably getting a nice pay package that will see him into retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pep is going to push Neuer into centre back and play Reina in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

This is clas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So is this.

La Liga is rife with steriods

#Bale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The size of Bale. Holy God.
    10569008_561271627351707_6275564543452479449_n.png

Gareth+Bale+Real+Madrid+Atletico+de+Madrid+-0nuryy0GMql.jpg

Bale 10 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Does anyone here know if these dates here are correct, I thought they'd be midweek? I'd get it if they were on the weekends, can't do midweek to Dublin.

When did the word "have" disappear from the English language and get replaced with the word "of"? Christ almighty it does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

When did the word "have" disappear from the English language and get replaced with the word "of"? Christ almighty it does my head in.

Of you got any examples of this?

adox wrote: »
    Of you got any examples of this?

I of seen worse than that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Of'nt noticed that myself.

Don't mind those smart arses, think they could of been (!) taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This forum has more Mods than Brighton in 1963.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Have you got an pacific examples?

Advertisement