Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I had cesc as vice and he got double points for me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I had cesc as vice and he got double points for me :confused:

Yeah, that's the whole idea of vice-captain, I'm being ripped off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Costa captain does not play, Aguero gets the armband. Result!!!

What about me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What about me :(

Is there any type of complaints contact or something on the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Have you checked the proper site? It's probably just an error on that app.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Have you checked the proper site? It's probably just an error on that app.

Yep, just checked before you posted that while looking for a way to complain, it's the damn app that didn't update it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The humour thread is so annoying after Man United/Liverpool play.

Oat23 wrote: »

I mentioned that in this thread a few weeks ago. It's just tit for tat now, what annoys me more than anything is the people that see something slagging off their team and so have to go looking for something, anything, to retaliate.

It was a great thread up until this season. I don't really use Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Balls.ie etc. so it's my only real source of that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Speaking of Humour,I got to see Tommy Teirnan's new show last night in Wexford.The guy is seriously back on form,I literally had a pain from laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

American football, what the hell is that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Oat23 wrote: »

Today is a perfect example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Senzo Meyiwa: South Africa’s football captain shot dead.
    The captain of South Africa’s national soccer team was fatally shot when armed men broke into the house where he was staying, police said.
    Goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa was killed around 8pm Sunday after two gunmen entered a house in Vosloorus township near Johannesburg while an accomplice waited outside, the national police force said on its Twitter account.

The three assailants then fled on foot, according to the police service, which offered a reward of nearly $14,000 for information leading to arrests in the case.
    Police said there were seven people in the house during the attack, and that the shooting followed an “altercation”.
    Authorities said they would do everything possible to find the killers.

South Africa seems like a right mess of a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Stat of the night RT @jonoblain: Leeds and Watford have had 5 managers between them since Aston Villa last scored a goal

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Stat of the night RT @jonoblain: Leeds and Watford have had 5 managers between them since Aston Villa last scored a goal

Ronaldo has scored 19 goals since Villa last scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

zerks wrote: »
    Ronaldo has scored 19 goals since Villa last scored.

Seen Dara O bhrain the other night, very good show. Worth going to.

The new Guinness as is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Half hour gone and only 4 goals in all of the 3 O clock starts in prem and championship. has to be some kind of record....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi!!!

lads is the gamestop+ level 3 worth it?
    One week game return and 3 for the price of 2 on trade in games.
    Many of you lot a member?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Hi!!!

lads is the gamestop+ level 3 worth it?
    One week game return and 3 for the price of 2 on trade in games.
    Many of you lot a member?

Judging by other threads,people are avoiding Gamestop like the plague.Too expensive.Just look at COD,up to €20 dearer than other places.

I've ordered GTAV for the PS4 on amazon, $1million bonus when you start and its being delivered for €58.25.

I'll probably get it on the 19th instead of the 18th but I wont complain over 1 day delay, think Gamestop are doing it for €70 and most other places are selling for €60-65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've ordered GTAV for the PS4 on amazon, $1million bonus when you start and its being delivered for €58.25.

I'll probably get it on the 19th instead of the 18th but I wont complain over 1 day delay, think Gamestop are doing it for €70 and most other places are selling for €60-65.

€75 in GS

Mammy's are stupid as I'd be surprised if any adults still buy their games in there.

Although this new Halo game is €70 and sold out online, same is €56 in Argos and some stock left..

RasTa wrote: »
    €75 in GS

Mammy's are stupid as I'd be surprised if any adults still buy their games in there.

Although this new Halo game is €70 and sold out online, same is €56 in Argos and some stock left..

F**k me :eek:

Ya, thats the problem, people still rely on the bricks and mortar stores for their games instead of online or even other stores, you'll get the games cheaper than Gamestop.

when I went to trade in my PS3 games I got nearly €50 more from CEX than Gamestop, I eventually traded in 22 games but my dealings with Gamestop are well over.

RasTa wrote: »
    €75 in GS

I've bought the odd game there, out of convenience more than anything. I'll stick my head in if I'm down the shopping centre and might see something I want and don't want to wait.

I'll be getting GTA on the US store for €48 though.

I've bought the odd game there, out of convenience more than anything. I'll stick my head in if I'm down the shopping centre and might see something I want and don't want to wait.

I'll be getting GTA on the US store for €48 though.

Last game I got from Gamestop was actually GTAV last year, pre-ordered it and got out to the shop for about 11 for the midnight launch, there was a good 20/30 ahead of me at the time.

Do you get a pre-order bonus through the US Store?

• Advertisement

Last game I got from Gamestop was actually GTAV last year, pre-ordered it and got out to the shop for about 11 for the midnight launch, there was a good 20/30 ahead of me at the time.

Do you get a pre-order bonus through the US Store?

The bonus is advertised alright but I'm not sure if you get it here TBH.
    I doubt I'll get it actually as it's a different account I'm ordering from so I'd assume the bonus would go with that account and not my account with my transferred charachter from PS3.

I'm sure there will be plenty of money glitches going around early doors, I've served my time grinding on PS3 so I won't feel at all bad using them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The online accounts carry over to different consoles, dont they? So I can play my character on PS4 that I had on 360?

The online accounts carry over to different consoles, dont they? So I can play my character on PS4 that I had on 360?

Yeah, it's only your level though AFAIK. No cash, property, cars etc.

Ya, I think its only your level gets carried over, TBH, I havent played GTAV on the PS3 in so long I cant even remember my level. :o

• Advertisement

I'm somewhere between 110-120, I know I was aiming to unlock the minigun the last time I played.

I'm somewhere between 110-120, I know I was aiming to unlock the minigun the last time I played.

Jaysus, I'm nowhere near that level I reckon.

I suppose I'll find out when I get it again next week :D

One thing that annoyed me the last time was if you were doing a flying mission and a noob with no flying ability/experience decided to fly the plane. :eek:

Made for interesting flights and landings at times. :)

Jaysus, I'm nowhere near that level I reckon.

I suppose I'll find out when I get it again next week :D

One thing that annoyed me the last time was if you were doing a flying mission and a noob with no flying ability/experience decided to fly the plane. :eek:

Made for interesting flights and landings at times. :)

Ah Gav, we were all noobs once. I remember the first time doing an online mission where you had to steal the big cargo plane from the airport, I had a few randomers on board shouting at me which way to bring it in to land, I panicked, nose dived into the ground and quit the game :o

Ah Gav, we were all noobs once. I remember the first time doing an online mission where you had to steal the big cargo plane from the airport, I had a few randomers on board shouting at me which way to bring it in to land, I panicked, nose dived into the ground and quit the game :o

I was the same, had a crash course (literally) in the mission where you fly to the Air Force Base and have to steal a fighter jet.

My character couldnt get into the plane you fly to get there, he would only get in the pilots seat, so me wiht a few mins of online flying had to fly 4 of us to the air force base, ended up landing to far away and the guys got slaughtered, i was still in the plane and flew away but took damage and crashed in the ocean :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Paul Gogarty coming to my house later, I wonder if I should hang up a portrait of a certain Deputy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What's the story with BBC headlining of Barça ?

This weekend La Liga headlined over the Man U defeat of Arsenal and Chelsea extending their lead at the top.

I know Messi broke records - but still the English league should prevail on the BBC ... why not have Roma or Bayern headlining ??

Very annoying accesing the BBC sport app and seeing that team headlining and having to scroll down to get to the Chelsea report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Chelsea game was Saturday no? Old news ;)

Toy Show Toy Show Toy Show

:D:D:D

Anyone take up this offer? http://setantasubs.com/besteveroffer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zerks wrote: »
    Anyone take up this offer? http://setantasubs.com/besteveroffer/

Yup. Was on our tv a minute after signing up. Comes with the HD channel s too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

the_monkey wrote: »
    What's the story with BBC headlining of Barça ?

This weekend La Liga headlined over the Man U defeat of Arsenal and Chelsea extending their lead at the top.

I know Messi broke records - but still the English league should prevail on the BBC ... why not have Roma or Bayern headlining ??

Very annoying accesing the BBC sport app and seeing that team headlining and having to scroll down to get to the Chelsea report.

A country's national broadcaster should never favour a foreign league over their own domestic league.Something like you highlighted above would never happen in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

A country's national broadcaster should never favour a foreign league over their own domestic league.Something like you highlighted above would never happen in this country.

A country's national broadcaster will broadcast whatever gets the the highest viewing figures.
    Something like you highlighted above will happen in every country.

I'm a bit addicted to that Dubsmash app, I'm just so good at them in fairness :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lads i know take the 12 pubs a bit too seriously.

10421166_10152933839299414_3758702695501523031_n.jpg?oh=322802aafbd04cbe0e3ade017308f334&oe=55021792

10451893_10152933839439414_2991503576357588942_n.jpg?oh=f61a9fd1874546a13b8a3430c0632cdd&oe=554048F6

Got a snickers and 2 curly wurlys to trade :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Wasn't sure where to post so here it goes: Are we still doing the Forum Awards?

Wasn't sure where to post so here it goes: Are we still doing the Forum Awards?

Haven't seen them for a few years. It's all too precious around here now for that kind of thing. If you nominated somebody for 'poster most likely to be banned' you would probably be back-seat modding or flaming or something...
    I did enjoy reading through them myself.

Biggest sh*t stirrer was a category :pac:

I cant remember the last awards but if people took them for what they are, a bit of light hearted fun, we could bring it back no problem, as long as the drama llamas werent out in force. :o

I cant remember the last awards but if people took them for what they are, a bit of light hearted fun, we could bring it back no problem, as long as the drama llamas werent out in force. :o

I'd like to see them back, just to break the monotony in here if nothing else. It's a bit of harmless fun, if people don't want to be offended they don't have to read it.

• Advertisement

Leave it with me, I'll try get around to setting up a thread tomorrow at some stage, kind of busy tonight.

Advertisement