Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread Part II Mod post in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Dempsey wrote: »
    I use Parcel Motel frequently enough

You can use whatever means necessary to get the parcel to their Dublin or N.Ireland sorting office. They'll then deliver the parcel to the dropbox linked to the PMID and notify the account holder of the delivery

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just make sure that they put the PMID in the first line of the address.

i.e

Niallo27
    PMxxxx
    Parcel Motel,
    Unit 5 Mygan Park
    Jamestown Road
    Finglas East
    Dublin 11.

It's then re-directed to your selected location for you to collect - I use it fairly regularly, it's a brilliant service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its absolutely brilliant for getting around UK only delivery services or taking advantage of free UK deliveries.

I got parcel through PM this morning, it was from a company that dont deliver to Ireland. Expecting 2 more deliveries using it before the week is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Thought this was very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4J-RiCZ2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Some nice illustrations of famous footballers here:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2014/jan/29/illustration-art

I would assume very few people reading this will remember Luke Kelly's death 30 years ago today. It's a vague one for me!

Anyway, I love this tribute to him.

Uber Football Facts ‏@UberFotbalFacts 6m

Lionel Messi insured both his legs for €550m. According to reports, Messi is paying around 300 to 400 thousand Euros every year for this

Did he go with Layla Healthcare?

His missus must be thinking....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

One of the lads put my number on an ad on done deal saying I had Garth brooks tickets. In a hour I had 128 calls and 64 texts. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

One of the lads put my number on an ad on done deal saying I had Garth brooks tickets. In a hour I had 128 calls and 64 texts. :(

This calls for vengeance ideas

IvySlayer wrote: »
    This calls for vengeance ideas

Another friend had the same thing happen to him but he had a bit of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=583107168432547&set=vb.100001998087127&type=2&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Another friend had the same thing happen to him but he had a bit of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=583107168432547&set=vb.100001998087127&type=2&theater

I can't watch that all the way through, it makes me squirm. Your mate is good at staying in character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Father went into Tallaght ICU 4 months an 21 days ago. he died 2 days ago. i have been an utter **** on here and elsewhere since then.

sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Father went into Tallaght ICU 4 months an 21 days ago. he died 2 days ago. i have been an utter **** on here and elsewhere since then.

sorry

Sorry to hear that man.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

dreamers75 wrote: »

sorry

Really sorry for your loss man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus that payton manning fella gets 935000 quid a week, more than double the likes of messi and ronaldo get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

klose wrote: »
    Jaysus that payton manning fella gets 935000 quid a week, more than double the likes of messi and ronaldo get?

They don't get paid per week. They also only play 16 regular season games a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Really did not see the hammering Denver got last night. expected them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Really did not see the hammering Denver got last night. expected them to win.

broncos_super_bowl_6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The post of the day has been in the soccer forum twice this week :)

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The post of the day has been in the soccer forum twice this week :)

What were they?
    Can you see previous ones??

Al Capwned wrote: »
    What were they?

Today's one is in the Laudrup thread and yesterday or the day before was Luckyloyd's post in the Liverpool thread about his hatred for United!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Al Capwned wrote: »
    What were they?
    User account "Boards.ie" automatically thanks the post of the day, so if you search all posts thanked by Boards.ie you will get them in (reverse) date order

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know where I might find a Cuban footbal top? Struggling to find one online and anyones I can see are from the 80's.

Who is the old washed up footballer in the humour thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88904426&postcount=1720

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

looks like darren carter to me. plays for northampton now i think.

• Advertisement

Anyone who hasn't downloaded "Flappy Bird" yet better download it soon! It'll he gone tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm not one for tooting my own horn, but I may as well plug my 15 seconds of *cough* fame.

http://vimeo.com/85870896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone interested in The Walking Dead, season 4, Part 2 starts tonight on Fox.

The premier aired last night in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GavRedKing wrote: »

Yup. I have this, the last two episodes of Oz and the last episode of Arrow season one to finish. Yay.

Get back in the house, Carl.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cObozvAQ0

Funniest **** I have watched all week :pac:

• Advertisement

Must be honest, I'm not getting the funny there myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

GavRedKing wrote: »

Season 4 hasn't really gripped me. I haven't watched the mid season finale yet but after seeing the promo posters I knew what was going to happen.

If they had done that at the end of season 3 it would have worked but now it's just like they are saying 'yeah we f*cked up the last season so let's do it over.'

Apparently AMC have picked up Preacher which should be amazing if the don't neuter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

True Detective from HBO is very good. Harrelson and McConaughey are on top form in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Season 4 hasn't really gripped me. I haven't watched the mid season finale yet but after seeing the promo posters I knew what was going to happen.

If they had done that at the end of season 3 it would have worked but now it's just like they are saying 'yeah we f*cked up the last season so let's do it over.'

Apparently AMC have picked up Preacher which should be amazing if the don't neuter it.

I thought it was just me, I haven't been arsed with season 4 either and it's been tough to put the finger on why, I still havent seen the last two episodes from before the break.

True Detective is amazing as googled eyes says, two stunning performances from Woody and McConaughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cObozvAQ0

Funniest **** I have watched all week :pac:

The funny part has gone over my head

I actually hope Cuffy waits for him outside with a baseball bat, gotta leave the house sometime

I thought it was just me, I haven't been arsed with season 4 either and it's been tough to put the finger on why, I still havent seen the last two episodes from before the break.

True Detective is amazing as googled eyes says, two stunning performances from Woody and McConaughey

There is just no structure or coherence to the season. I love when shows don't spoonfeed stuff to the audience but TWD has gone so far in the other direction that it's hard to follow.

Rick's arc is a perfect example...
    one episode he is a pacifist and doesn't want Karl using weapons..then he does a complete 180 for no reason.

I am also sick of
    The Governor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Turtyturd wrote: »

Ya, there was a few episodes that the 2nd part of Series 3 didnt need and they could have ended the middle part of series 4 as the end of Series 3.

I'll still watch it though, being watching it since it was on RTE. :pac:

I didn't mind season 3 until the final episode...and with episode 6 and 7 of season 4 I just completely lost interest. I will still watch though...just to make comparisons to the comic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say I still love The Walking Dead yea it's a bit up and down but on the most part I still find it gripping.

True Detective from HBO is very good. Harrelson and McConaughey are on top form in it.

I thought that hadn't aired yet? Or have you been streaming it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Best celebration ever :)

• Advertisement

Bit of a tosser to do that tbh.

Delighted he was sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone who hasn't downloaded "Flappy Bird" yet better download it soon! It'll he gone tomorrow

There are people selling their phones on ebay/donedeal for over 1k with this bloody game installed. Chancers.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/iphone%204s%20flappy%20bird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dafuq is this Flappy Bird about anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Team shape compared :P

Ot6ZYEy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Useless fact of the day:

After scoring his 1st penalty in the 7th minute last night, Ronaldo has now scored in every single minute of a match.

For a guy wearing no 7 to have the 7th minute as the last one to scratch of the bingo ticket is a bit weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dafuq is this Flappy Bird about anyway?

Its a terrible game that has people playing it for some reason, I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

inforfun wrote: »
    Useless fact of the day:

After scoring his 1st penalty in the 7th minute last night, Ronaldo has now scored in every single minute of a match.

For a guy wearing no 7 to have the 7th minute as the last one to scratch of the bingo ticket is a bit weird...
    Who keeps track of these stats is what I want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

D'Agger wrote: »
    Who keeps track of these stats is what I want to know!

nerd1.jpg.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Brilliant entertainment in the ice hockey between the US and Russia just there.

Advertisement