Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos own brand budget tablet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Good value but it's only dual core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

It's expected to compare unfavourably with the Tesco Hudl.

Screen specs are much worse, battery is only claimed at 5 hours as opposed to Hudl's claimed 8 hours (testers have managed 7 - 7.5). Camera is poor on the Hudl and it's thought this will be a little worse.

Of course, as it hasn't been seen yet, this is speculation, but..

If you want a cheapie tablet I recently saw the Archos Cobalt in the flesh and was pretty impressed with the display and viewing angles etc. Seems fairly responsive etc too, though I'm not sure if they're still available but it's new brother the Archos Titanium is available from Tesco for £100

http://www.tesco.com/direct/archos-80-titanium-88gbdual-core/174-9317.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=174-9317

All in all though, the Tesco Hudl seems to be much higher spec for £20 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    It's expected to compare unfavourably with the Tesco Hudl.

Screen specs are much worse, battery is only claimed at 5 hours as opposed to Hudl's claimed 8 hours (testers have managed 7 - 7.5). Camera is poor on the Hudl and it's thought this will be a little worse.

Of course, as it hasn't been seen yet, this is speculation, but..

If you want a cheapie tablet I recently saw the Archos Cobalt in the flesh and was pretty impressed with the display and viewing angles etc. Seems fairly responsive etc too, though I'm not sure if they're still available but it's new brother the Archos Titanium is available from Tesco for £100

http://www.tesco.com/direct/archos-80-titanium-88gbdual-core/174-9317.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=174-9317

All in all though, the Tesco Hudl seems to be much higher spec for £20 more.

Agreed. The fact that Argos are aiming it at the 'tween' market says it's not going to be a super computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got a leaflet from Argos in todays paper with sale items, it has the MyTablet and it's priced at €149.99. I think this is too pricey for it to be a success, the Galaxy Tab 7 is just another €30 and far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Got a leaflet from Argos in todays paper with sale items, it has the MyTablet and it's priced at €149.99. I think this is too pricey for it to be a success, the Galaxy Tab 7 is just another €30 and far superior.

That is a crazy conversion rate, going by xe.com £99.99(The price on argos.co.uk)=€118 today. They won't shift many at that price. Also can't imagine too many people being won over by it being a Bush branded product.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My Dad works at Argos and he was telling me of an Argos brand tablet for a while now. I just came home for a 3 day trip with school but I'll be sure to ask him about this. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

onform wrote: »
    That is a crazy conversion rate, going by xe.com £99.99(The price on argos.co.uk)=€118 today. They won't shift many at that price. Also can't imagine too many people being won over by it being a Bush branded product.

Yes checked Argos.ie and it's €149.99 there too, rip off to sterling price, they should have brought it in at €125 max as an introductory offer to establish the device in the market firstly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

MyTablet, how original! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I like the name Tesco have gone with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

What about chinese 40 euro tablets (+15 euro customs) from ebay..instead of chinese 150 euro tablets from tesco/argos:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Why not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Plenty of affordable half decent tablets around.

futeko.com used to stock the Ainol Novo series which are really good and well reviewed. The only tablet they have now seems to be this one.....

http://www.futeko.com/browse.php?cat=tablet

Don't know if it's any good or not but it's certainly better than the Argos one for half the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i reckon they will have the price dropped in time for xmas...dont they have to have it on sale at at certain price for a month or so before it can be advertised as a sale price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Its been reduced to €129 now....but may go down further to compete in the run up to the silly season..
    :D:D

Advertisement