Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone router keep droping connection

• 15-10-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

is is So annoying , vodafone router keep droping conection ALL the Time every 1 minut or So , then works good for one day , than again , again and again
    I am with vodafone over a 2 Years now and them rang me recently asking to agree to new contract witch I excepted but this is redicilous now!

I had same issue last year and they slow down the speed first then change the main socket , kind of fixed it but I wonder can I break my contract because this is not service that I agreed in a first place ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

benki11 wrote: »
    is is So annoying , vodafone router keep droping conection ALL the Time every 1 minut or So , then works good for one day , than again , again and again
    I am with vodafone over a 2 Years now and them rang me recently asking to agree to new contract witch I excepted but this is redicilous now!

I had same issue last year and they slow down the speed first then change the main socket , kind of fixed it but I wonder can I break my contract because this is not service that I agreed in a first place ?

Thanks

you need to troubleshoot the issue with them first

1. do you have skyboxes and / or phones plugged into extension phone sockets

if yes they need to have a dsl filter on each phone socket

2. do you have a monitored alarm plugged into a phone socket?

if yes it too needs a dsl filter

3. are you connecting the modem through a dual socket dsl filter (dsl splitter)

if no then you need to use one

4. are you connecting the modem to the phone socket using a crappy 30 foot phoneline?

if yes you need to replace it with a dsl rated cable or shielded cat 5 cabling

5. is the profile speed set too high for your line? is attenuation values high and snr margins low?

if yes you need to call vodafone to have your speed profile reduced to make the line stable.

6. if you are using dsl filters - how old are they... unplug everything except the modem directly into the main phone socket... does the modem still drop connection? if no then one or more of your filters are faulty... if yes the the fault lies outside your house and you will need a field tech from vodafone/eircom wholesale to repair your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

benki11 wrote: »

Thanks
    same keeps happening to me,am using eircom router with vf b/b

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

you need to troubleshoot the issue with them first

1. do you have skyboxes and / or phones plugged into extension phone sockets

if yes they need to have a dsl filter on each phone socket

2. do you have a monitored alarm plugged into a phone socket?

if yes it too needs a dsl filter

3. are you connecting the modem through a dual socket dsl filter (dsl splitter)

if no then you need to use one

4. are you connecting the modem to the phone socket using a crappy 30 foot phoneline?

if yes you need to replace it with a dsl rated cable or shielded cat 5 cabling

5. is the profile speed set too high for your line? is attenuation values high and snr margins low?

if yes you need to call vodafone to have your speed profile reduced to make the line stable.

6. if you are using dsl filters - how old are they... unplug everything except the modem directly into the main phone socket... does the modem still drop connection? if no then one or more of your filters are faulty... if yes the the fault lies outside your house and you will need a field tech from vodafone/eircom wholesale to repair your line.

But why should I check any of these because it work fine for over a year with
    Same settings , did t change. Anything and all I use in my phone line is this Huwaie modem witch apparently has filter in itself according to modem little
    How to use book !
    Don't have alarm or skybox, and reduced speed is not an option

I call support team and they say they ll do something from 3-5 days omg !
    My modem worked fine all morning(interesting) than in afternoon kept self restarting for over two hours and right now it s working fine !
    Is t this strange ?

It work fine all morning and half afternoon , and now restarts every 2 min non stop, don t understand why works in morning and restarts at evening !
    Any others with same problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement