Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra costs with course - safepass

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    As part of my course requirements this year I must undertake a SafePass course within the college at a cost of 65 euro, over half my grant money for the month!

This course is mandatory, but as I am having my fees paid, am on a maintenance grant and hold a medical card will I be able to have them paid?

Was planning to use my grant to eat and travel but obviously some people have other plans for it!

Was just wondering if anyone knows where things stand on this, as I have heard of trip costs being covered.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I had to get one recently and paid €90 for it. Although I still think €65 is too dear, DID are probably already subsidising it. The SafePass is really a HSA requirement, as opposed to DIT just deciding that you need it(like books for your course, etc.).

If it's really a problem to pay for it, let your year head know and hopefully they'll sort something out.

Advertisement