Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLR parking fine

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was in Blackrock on Monday lunchtime and parked on the Main Street, I paid at the meter and have myself more then enough time, when I went to my car I leaned in the passenger side door and left the ticket on the dash, when I returned there was a parking fine of €40 if paid within 28 days so I called the customer service number and I was told that from the photos that she was looking at that there was no ticket clearly displayed, I argued the point that it was on the dash but she told me to send a letter into the complaints department
    I am wondering if this is just a waste of time and another scam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

irishroey wrote: »
    I was in Blackrock on Monday lunchtime and parked on the Main Street, I paid at the meter and have myself more then enough time, when I went to my car I leaned in the passenger side door and left the ticket on the dash, when I returned there was a parking fine of €40 if paid within 28 days so I called the customer service number and I was told that from the photos that she was looking at that there was no ticket clearly displayed, I argued the point that it was on the dash but she told me to send a letter into the complaints department

The complaints department is part of the private company who have to issue x amounts of fines or get penalised. Appeal it , keep the stub proving you paid, maybe go to court show it to the judge explain it must have blown of dash and that best practice is to issue tickets with stickers so as to prevent them blown off ( occurs when air blows through vents) ask he why they don't follow best practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It's your responsibility to both pay and ensure the ticket is displayed properly, which it clearly wasn't. not much you can do in reality.
    best practice is to issue tickets with stickers so as to prevent them blown off
    nonsense. who says it's best practice? And if it is can you list the majority of LA and companies that do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

In what way is leaving the ticket on the dash not displayed properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

irishroey wrote: »

Have you looked at the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ive done that myself where the ticket has blown off the dash as I closed the door etc (wish they would bring back the sticky back ones to affix to the windscreen). If you have the actual ticket it will show the time it was issued as well as its expiry, if that overlaps with the time you received the penalty you can be refunded the fine, once you go through the appeal system. Its a hassle but you can get it back if you legitimately paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 irishroey

Have you looked at the photo?

i havnt seen the photo no but i paid at 12.26 and had a time up to 1.50 and came back to the car at 1.30

i called the help line but got no help from the girl on the other end

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

My car has a little clip on the windscreen to stop the ticket getting blown away, 'tis excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

i got a ticket from them aswel. i emailed them and here is what happened:

ME on 20/6/2012
    Hi, I got a ticket put on my car on 31/5/12 @ 15:51 in Dalkey.

I spoke to the guy who issued the ticket and he said he made a mistake in issuing the ticket.
    He typed it in to his hand held device and sent it back to head office, telling me that the ticket is now quashed.

I have since received a letter asking me to pay this fine.

Please sort this and let me know,

Many thanks.

THEIR REPLY on 21/6/2012
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Your fine has been placed on hold pending a decision on your appeal of which you will be notified by post.

Best Regards

xxx xxxxxxx
    Support Centre Agent

Then a letter arrived in the post saying that I still had to pay the fine.

ME on 23/8/12
    Hi there,
    This fine is on hold as an independant judge is to sort out this mess.
    I am going to explain exactly what happened and hopefully this will be the end off this mess.

I had brought my wheelchair dependant granmother out for w few hours in DunLaoghaire. I had paid for parking down there and the pay & display ticket was on my dash board.

I drove back up to Dalkey and pulled up right outside my granny's house. I got out of my car, took the wheelchair from the boot and put my granmother in it and wheeled her into her house.
    I got back to my car, no more the 3 minutes later and saw the parking tick on my car.

The guy who issued the ticket was still around so I asked him why he put the ticket on the car. He said that he looked in the car and saw the expired pay and display ticket but admitted that he didn't read it properly and just issued a parking fine.
    I explained that the pay and display ticket that he saw was an old one and told him I was gone from the car for literally 3 minutes. He firstly appolagised for putting the parking fine on my car and made note of it on his hand held device and told me not to worry about getting a fine. He said he didn't even give me enough time to get change to pay for a pay and display ticket!

This was all ok until I got a parking fine in the post. I sent an Email and the fine was put on hold and then came back that I still have to the fine. I rang the number on the letter and the lady told me to Email this Email address.

Please get back to me asap.
    Many thanks,

Their reply and they called me Madam. 27/8/12
    Dear Madam,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Your appeal will be reviewed by Independent Appeals Officer.

Best Regards

xxx xxxxxxx
    Support Centre Agent

That was over a year ago and i never heard anything back. dont pay them, just email them and explain what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

ted1 wrote: »
    The complaints department is part of the private company who have to issue x amounts of fines or get penalised.

Have you check the agreement between DLR and APCOA, or are you just speculating here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I saw the tender.
    It is available on etenders. http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUN351895

If you don't have access, there's some extracts here
    http://dunlaoghairecounty.ie/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2252

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The fact that you paid counts for nothing, you could have gotten that ticket from a friend or picked it up off the street. Showing the council a ticket which covers the time when you got the ticket proves nothing.

It's not the council's fault if the ticket blows off the dash, it's your responsibility to make sure that it's still on the dash after you shut the car door.

What matters is that the ticket is clearly visible on the dash and it's significant that the OP has made no claim in this regard. If there was a ticket on the dash, why didn't the parking warden see it? OP has gone to the bother to phone the parking company and create a thread on boards but still hasn't viewed the photos on the DLR PS website, I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

ted1 wrote: »
    I saw the tender.
    It is available on etenders. http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUN351895

If you don't have access, there's some extracts here
    http://dunlaoghairecounty.ie/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2252

Thanks for clarification, that's a pretty poor approach by DLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don't forget folks, even if you close the door and the pay and display ticket is sitting nicely on the dash, air can still blow through your demister vents and blow it out of view. Again they would have saved themselves and motorists so much hassle if they had kept the sticky back tickets, after all its taxpayers money funding the flippin operation

Advertisement