Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Stats

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Just came across this page on the NCT website.
    Its interesting to see that between 2007-2010 the failure rate is approximately 48%, but from 2011 it has increased to the current 53.2%.
    The fact that front suspension is the no.1 cause of failure; is it a testament to how poor the conditions of Irish roads are, or do drivers take less care of their cars now?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Increase in speed ramps would be a big one there too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Also possibly vehicle fleet is older now, as not as many people can afford newer cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Put my car through the NCT at Northpoint today. Five cars before mine all failed and the testers took ages explaining why the cars had failed. When it came to my turn, the bloke just threw the key, cert and report on the counter and said "passed" as he walked away. When I got to the car I found my seat had been adjusted as far back and down as it could go even though the tester was the same height as me. Air con was also turned down to freezing and when I switched the radio back on it nearly blew the speakers. I guess they're happier failing cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

greenflash wrote: »
    Put my car through the NCT at Northpoint today. Five cars before mine all failed and the testers took ages explaining why the cars had failed. When it came to my turn, the bloke just threw the key, cert and report on the counter and said "passed" as he walked away. When I got to the car I found my seat had been adjusted as far back and down as it could go even though the tester was the same height as me. Air con was also turned down to freezing and when I switched the radio back on it nearly blew the speakers. I guess they're happier failing cars?

They probably checked if the seat adjustment works. Not sure about the rest, but some do listen to the radio when testing, so probably had to put the volume up to hear it when working outside.
    In my case they always change the seat position and the radio station. Next time should prepare some nice songs on the CD...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

greenflash wrote: »
    You seriously think they did all those things because the car passed? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Anan1 wrote: »
    You seriously think they did all those things because the car passed? :D

No, I was seriously posting something in a light-hearted manner because the thought of it had made smile at the time.

I was also bragging because my car passed its NCT first go.

Advertisement