Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galactic Civilizations III

Options
  • 15-10-2013 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

New website: http://www.galciv3.com/

Loved
    Galactic Civilizations II. This will be a pre-order for me, and I never pre-order. :) Apparently it's 64 bit only.

The whole point of Galactic Civilizations III is to live up to what our fans are hoping for without screwing up the core gameplay that make the franchise one of the highest-rated strategy series in history. So we’re adding hexes, because they make better maps. We’re putting new stuff out on the map besides anomalies, because it adds depth to how you explore and colonize the galaxy. Diplomacy and non-violent paths to victory have always been key aspects of Galactic Civilizations, so we’re adding tons more cool stuff to diplomacy (both mechanically and on the AI side) and adding more ways to interact beyond pushing your influence bubble into enemy territory.

And, of course, Galactic Civilizations III has fully featured online multiplayer. Yes, we heard you on that one.

There’s a lot more to talk about in the coming months, but for now I invite you to enjoy the trailer, read up on the lore and the history of the franchise, and browse through the FAQ. Whether or not you join the Founder’s program, we hope you’ll come back for more as we continue to pull back the curtain on Galactic Civilizations III.

Adam Biessener

Stardock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I played civ 2 for a couple hours. I think I moved like ten turns then spent 20 hours in the ship builder and got burnt out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im really excited for this, Im gonna spend weeks building ships and then lose track of the actual point of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Love gal civ 1 and 2 cant wait for this to come out hope they keep it fun and light hearted though this trailer seems a bit over the top dark/actiony instead of "teehee im going to eat your skin btw" type humor of the other 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It had better not be a bug ridden mess like sword of the stars was :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If you had asked me what my number one "probably won't exist" game over the last ten years was I would have said Galactic Civilisations III. I spent...such...a long time playing that game. The level of customisation possible in the ships was amazing. The only real downside was the super-basic combat ("combat"), which hopefully will be resolved for this one.

So excited!

EDIT: Holy moly the animation in that video is wonderful. BEAMS! I like beams. This has made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was going to buy Galactic Civ 2 yesterday, for some 4x fix. But didn't fancy paying $20 for it.

75% off today (Stardock sale). Thanks you Steam!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It had better not be a bug ridden mess like sword of the stars was :mad:

Considering it's a different developer and publishing house... :P

It'll have some bugs, their games generally do. But, they are good about fixing them. Elemental was a fubar'd game. Almost totally unplayable. They released another take at the same concept, Fallen Enchantress, and gave it free to anyone who had bought Elemental. When they fixed some of the problems in FE, in a standalone game Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, anyone owning FE got 50% off, which stacked with any sales Steam ran.

Really, in terms of picking up the ball after dropping it, these guys are some of my favourite developers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya never know though,wasnt there another game similar to this released recently and it was a mess too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ya never know though,wasnt there another game similar to this released recently and it was a mess too?

I remember grumblings about a couple but the names escape me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Early look at the Alpha build.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That zigzag motion as they move north or south will drive me completely nuts.

Advertisement