Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare scammers flying in and out of Cork Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

The whole article relates to actually catching the wrong doers, surely the system is doing something right, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

sok2005 wrote: »
    The whole article relates to actually catching the wrong doers, surely the system is doing something right, no?

I guess that, ideally, the system should be such that it makes abusing it difficult in the first place.

I'm not sure how they'd achieve it though. Maybe one day notice sign on would catch the non-resident claimants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Apparently it costs the uk £1.9 billion per annum, so it looks like Ireland is doing quite well at that price.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24104743

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Eh, why don't the social welfare just make these parasites collect their sponge money at the post office every week instead of putting it in the bank? Most people I know on the dole gave to do it this way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

in the case of the first woman, she flew in weekly to collect her dole money. She was from Cork, but moved to London. I imagine the rest all flew in weekly to collect their money as the DSP stopped bank deposits for jobseekers allowance a good few years ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Strange though, that's another "urban myth" disproved.

Advertisement