Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small scale harvest machinery?

• 16-10-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

does anyone know if there are any tractor mounted harvesters available for thinning hardwood that will handle stuff from 9inches down to 3 or 4 inches for use in a wood gasification boiler ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pachanco

I know nothing about these machines or where they can be found, but your query just sparked my curiosity and I did a youtube search. Not sure of the credentials of this machine or what size tractor is required to operate it but it looks like it's just what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

This is your man- knowledgeable and honest.

http://www.mlarge.com/company_profile.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

could always get in a contractor to do it for you??? alot less hassle, cheaper and all it takes is 1 phone call to a forest manager to organize it for you.
    itl be cut and stacked in 10 foot lengths though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

What kind of workrate and costs per acre are achieved with contractor?
    would they travel for a days work or minium acreage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Massey10

What kind of workrate and costs per acre are achieved with contractor?
    would they travel for a days work or minium acreage?
    For first tending one man should do up to 1 acre per day.The grant for same is around 250 acre .This is for hardwood forestry

Advertisement