Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulky Waste Collection

Options
  • 16-10-2013 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've got a large rug, bits of old carpet and some other bits & pieces I need to get rid of. I know I can take a trip to Kinsale Rd, but the problem is that the rug won't fit into my little hatchback!

I called the council to see if they do bulky collections like in the UK, but they don't.

Any idea how I can out these? I don't need a skip - there isn't enough for that. But I do need them out of the house!

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi

I've got a large rug, bits of old carpet and some other bits & pieces I need to get rid of. I know I can take a trip to Kinsale Rd, but the problem is that the rug won't fit into my little hatchback!

I called the council to see if they do bulky collections like in the UK, but they don't.

Any idea how I can out these? I don't need a skip - there isn't enough for that. But I do need them out of the house!

Ive yet to meet a bin man who wont dump something in the back of the truck for tenner and a thank you.
    Failing that try cutting it up into pieces to fit into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

ABove it true or what you can do is be like the pikeys and just dump you rubbish next to some bins belong to pubs.. The place across from the Venue seems to be a choice spot. They left a three piece suite there before and not a bother they picked it up...

Being more helpfull though I would say chance the bin man too if you are around when they are im sure they would take it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Ah right. London stylee so!!! :D

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hi

If it's a short trip, leave the boot open with the rug sticking out the back. Use string to tie the boot down as closed as it will go, secure the rug internally (so that it doesn't slide out the back when you stop/start), and cover the end with a luminous safety vest, and hang plastic bags at various points to make sure people can see it. Go in daylight!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

How about driving to the dump with the hatchback open and secured with a bunjy strap , You would be amazed with what you will fit, Most bin trucks have cctv cams on them now and its hard for them to take stuff that wont go in a wheely bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

How about driving to the dump with the hatchback open and secured with a bunjy strap , You would be amazed with what you will fit, Most bin trucks have cctv cams on them now and its hard for them to take stuff that wont go in a wheely bin

But check your motor insurance small print first.....I know of two claims declined because of 'extrusions'. Best saw it in half and get it to fit

Advertisement