Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EX100 seals gone in slew motor

• 16-10-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, I'm driving an ex100 at the moment and it's leaking oil down around the ring gear. Going to have to do something with it but haven't done one before. is it a common problem of is there much to taking out the motor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Hi all, I'm driving an ex100 at the moment and it's leaking oil down around the ring gear. Going to have to do something with it but haven't done one before. is it a common problem of is there much to taking out the motor?
    The weight of the motor is the main issue, you need to rig up a pulley or similar to lift it out or it's nearly impossible. Also, make sure you get the correct seals, and do them all while you're at it - if you leave any, they'll leak straight away when you torque up the newly sealed motor. Otherwise, it's just opening a lot of bolts and pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 never say ever

whats the main cause of the seals going? i know it could be wrong oil or no oil at all but is there wear else where thats causing it? do we have to replace more than the seals to cure the problem?

whats the main cause of the seals going? i know it could be wrong oil or no oil at all but is there wear else where thats causing it? do we have to replace more than the seals to cure the problem?
    9 out of ten are caused by using the wrong oil. The slew motors are fussy, it has to be the bang on correct stuff and if you mix types by topping up with the wrong oil, the seals are doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 never say ever

right. whats the right oil for them?

right. whats the right oil for them?
    Heavy gear oil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement