Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Case 1154170 YO

Options
  • 16-10-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I received the email below from Eircom one week ago:

"I am emailing in regard to the case you created with us on Tuesday 1st of October at 16:30, reference number 1154170.
    You were experiencing speed issue.
    From what I can see on my systems it seems the issue is resolved.
    If you are still experiencing issues please respond to my email within the next 24 hours and we will arrange to call you.

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    Eircom Broadband Technical Support
    1890 260260"

I replied the same day and confirmed that I was still experiencing slow broadband. A week later I haven't had any follow up.

Can you give me an update?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

bluferbl wrote: »

"I am emailing in regard to the case you created with us on Tuesday 1st of October at 16:30, reference number 1154170.
    If you are still experiencing issues please respond to my email within the next 24 hours and we will arrange to call you.

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

I replied the same day and confirmed that I was still experiencing slow broadband. A week later I haven't had any follow up.

Thanks.
    Hi bluferbl

Trying to locate an issue with the broadband speeds / connection. Can be very difficult through the e-mail support process. Technical support can run a line check and look into the port at the exchange. However it is always advisable to call technical support on 1890 260 260. So an agent can check the settings, set up and modem.

Have you called them as yet?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

Thanks.
    Hi bluferbl

Trying to locate an issue with the broadband speeds / connection. Can be very difficult through the e-mail support process. Technical support can run a line check and look into the port at the exchange. However it is always advisable to call technical support on 1890 260 260. So an agent can check the settings, set up and modem.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The point I was trying to make is that the email asks me to let Eircom know if I'm still having trouble and you i.e. Eircom will arrange to call me. A week has passed and there has been no follow up.

My initial contact was on the phone with Broadband Technical Support. I spoke to a very pleasant girl and we did check a number of things and her assessment was that there could be a problem with the line. She asked me to connect the modem directly to the Eircom socket in the hall and see if this made any difference. I tried this and discovered that there was no DSL activity on that socket at all but this could be due to the fact that Eircom installed a socket upstairs specifically for the broadband. I hadn't followed up on that call and then received the email as I mentioned in my first post.

I guess what I'm saying is...it's great to send out emails following up on calls but that falls flat on its face when nothing happens after that.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

Thanks.
    Hi bluferbl

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The point I was trying to make is that the email asks me to let Eircom know if I'm still having trouble and you i.e. Eircom will arrange to call me. A week has passed and there has been no follow up.

My initial contact was on the phone with Broadband Technical Support. I spoke to a very pleasant girl and we did check a number of things and her assessment was that there could be a problem with the line. She asked me to connect the modem directly to the Eircom socket in the hall and see if this made any difference. I tried this and discovered that there was no DSL activity on that socket at all but this could be due to the fact that Eircom installed a socket upstairs specifically for the broadband. I hadn't followed up on that call and then received the email as I mentioned in my first post.

I guess what I'm saying is...it's great to send out emails following up on calls but that falls flat on its face when nothing happens after that.

Thanks.
    Hi bluferbl

I take your point, if you want to private message me with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will run some checks and see what I can do.

Mark

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

Thanks.
    Hi,

I got your PM thanks, I have ran some checks on the line and connection.

It may be a case the splitters are loose at  the main socket can you run a few checks and get back to me - http://bit.ly/PIBDSJ

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

Thanks.
    Hi,

It may be a case the splitters are loose at  the main socket can you run a few checks and get back to me - http://bit.ly/PIBDSJ

Thanks,
    Tried that and also replaced the existing splitter with a new one and there is no difference.

What's next?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Regards,
    Open Case Team
    1890 260260"

Thanks.
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Tried that and also replaced the existing splitter with a new one and there is no difference.

What's next?
    Hi bluferbl

I've conducted more tests on your line and I have identified issue with the line itself. I feel that the best course of action to take now is to refer this to eircom technicians to find a resolution.

This can take up to three working days to establlish a resolution once refered to technicians but I've requested that they treat this as urgent for you.

A technician may need to contact you so if possible can you PM me a mobile contact for you?

The reference numnber for this case is 11951596

Thanks

Al

Al

Advertisement