Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone stuff

Options
  • 16-10-2013 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey lads,

I'm crap with technology and up until recently had and adored my old as moses brick phone! Unfortunately recently I had to replace it with an old Vodafone smartphone. I think it's one of those early touch screen type things. Anyways few days ago I signed onto facebook with it and now cant seem to turn facebook off it. I get updates from facebook which appear on my main screen. I've tried to old reliable turn/on off my phone, remove battery, try switch off app etc.

My phone is a pay as you go and the service doesn't seem to be costing me any money as my credit has not been affected. I'm pretty much wondering how is it that I've not been charged for facebook operating on my phone - I mean I get status updates that appear on my screen saver :/ I'm with Vodafone and avail of their €20 free texts for a month service which includes (as far as I'm aware) no data. Any lads here know why I'm not being charged or least don't think I am!

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Are you using a wi-fi connection? That's not the same thing as mobile data.
    Try and find app settings on your phone and turn facebook push notifications off.

• Administrators Posts: 53,848 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Moved from the gents club

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tommy42

hi, is insurace, good or bad if screed is blacks out. screed is ****ed.

Advertisement