Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old silver cross pram fixed up?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I inherited a old silver cross DOLLS pram from a friend years ago.when my daughter was finished with it i put it away. Then along came daughter no 3 an shes 2 on Thursday :-) . I have a feeling Santa is bringing her a doll for Christmas and would love to get the pram tidied up.the steel is a bit rusty but I don't know what to paint over it with.the wheels need to be able to move around again.
    I asked my dad would he do it as a project when he gave up work but he's not well so can't.
    Anyone know anyone that does things like this?
    Dolls hospital is long gone ? I'm thinking of asking a friend that's good with DIY stuff and hope she says yes but I know she's up past her eye balls .it would be a labour if love.
    Thanks Cathy

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Cathy I should be able to tidy it up and get it moving for you It won't look like new as it will be very expansive to get it rechromed but I'll see what I can do to get it usable. Don't blame me if it ends looking like a boat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Dolls hospital isn't gone - its just moved into the Powerscourt centre.

http://www.powerscourtcentre.ie/shopping/arts-crafts/the-dolls-store-hospital-museum/

Maybe take fergal up on his kind offer to tidy it up, and then if it needs more restoration ask at the dolls hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Fergal.I will PM YOU.Thanks,

Pram delievered .fergal if you want take before and after pics?
    Your very good thanks again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd love to see 'before and after' :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It's a bit late for a before photo but this might give you an idea.:D

Rusty_pram_by_0bbs.jpg

Sorry about the delay been mad here the past few days :roll eyes:

All done.

20131029_151224_zps23373f06.jpg

20131029_151139_zps0cf7f381.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It looks brilliant :)

OHH its lovely. Cant wait to show her. Let me know when suits for me to pick it up?Thanks, :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That looks fab, fair play to you :)

• Advertisement

cathy01 wrote: »
    OHH its lovely. Cant wait to show her. Let me know when suits for me to pick it up?Thanks, :)

It's the exact same as you gave it to me only difference is it got rained on last night:D

There is always someone here so whenever suits you.

fergal.b wrote: »
    It's the exact same as you gave it to me only difference is it got rained on last night:D

There is always someone here so whenever suits you.

Ok, I have just her royal highness down for her nap.I was painting her nails at 7.15 AM .As soon as she wakes Ill call over. Id say about 2.30 ishy.If that's ok?

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

Princess Aoife, loving her new pram. Thanks fergal.xx

My pleasure, It was worth it just to see the smile on her face.

She's gorgeous Cathy - and her nail polish held up well too :)

She's gorgeous Cathy - and her nail polish held up well too :)

Ah thanks she's taking lumps out of the doors trying Ro push the pram around the house and talk to Minnie Mouse at the same time.
    She's delighted with herself .hope Santa brings her a lovely doll to put in it.

Advertisement