If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch TVs with built in Saorview receiver

Options
  • 16-10-2013 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi 
    55 inch TVs with  built in Saorview receiver

Hi Which of your TV's has both a SV and Freesat receiver built in

And

How do you transition between the SV and Freeview channels;
    do you have to go into settings, select sat for UK and then if you want to watch the Irish SV channels, you need to select Antenna. Or is there an easier way to move between the SV and freesat channels

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi 
    55 inch TVs with  built in Saorview receiver

Hi Which of your TV's has both a SV and Freesat receiver built in

And

How do you transition between the SV and Freeview channels;
    do you have to go into settings, select sat for UK and then if you want to watch the Irish SV channels, you need to select Antenna. Or is there an easier way to move between the SV and freesat channels

Thanks
    There are not a lot of 55's with both Saorview and Freesat built in and if you were going for a decent Satellite Tuner with the proper Freesat HD tuner (which gives you a great EPG, radically better than standard satellite EPG's).

However luckily there are a few that are both Freesat HD and Saorview certified like the Samsung UE55F6500 at £1149.95 /€1399.99:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55f6500/sams-ue55f6500

..But for just £50 more you can get the stunning Panasonic THX Certified TXP50GT60 - £1199.95 / €1449.99 ( I know its only a 50 - but its stunning!) http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50gt60b/pana-txp50gt60b

Moving up (and back to 55") Panasonic have the TXL55DT65 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl55dt65b/pana-txl55dt65b at £1599/ €1949.99, hexa processing, 1600Hz backlight scanning ( God I want one..)

I'm not sure how far to go here, but our most popular 55" with satellite is the Samsung 55F7000 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55f7000/sams-ue55f7000 at £1799.95 / €2199.99 - looks great and comes with all the toys!

If it was me I'd probably opt for the Panasonic 55DT65 - its really a stunning looking TV with a great feature count and decent sound.

On the tuner change - unfortunately its a multi button press with all manufacturers and there can be a small time lag between channel selections - but to be honest, unless you're an RTE fan, you will spend 99% of your time on the Freesat HD tuner - the channel selection is great and the quality fantastic!

Thanks again for the query and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Thanks John

is the Panasonic TXL55ET60  Saorview and freesat ready ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

k123456 wrote: »
    Thanks John

is the Panasonic TXL55ET60  Saorview and freesat ready ?
    No problem,

The ET60 range does have Mpeg4 for Saorview / Freeview HD but it doesnt have a satellite tuner built in as standard.

Keep us posted,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.