Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Week, is it all that?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Bit disappointed with range of events, esp. since some of them that I'd like to go to are during 9 to 5ers hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I didnt even realise twas this week until I heard it on the radio this morning. I dont agree with it but if tis a bit of craic then i wont rain on the parade but heard nought about it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

There's some food market at County Hall tonight, I live near so might pop over. That's about as much as it has effected me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

its like arthurs day, oxegen, electric picnic ...... etc .... something to encourage people to go out and spend money.

its a bit of a laugh ...treat it as such, if you can afford it (time or money) ... then go see something or do something ...might cheer you up if you are in a bad mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

we got a letter in work there saying there is a parade on Sat 19th in town..From 4 - 5.30 and then there is a food market by Custom House to Kennedy key from 5,30 - 9.00 might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Milly33 wrote: »
    I didnt even realise twas this week until I heard it on the radio this morning. I dont agree with it but if tis a bit of craic then i wont rain on the parade but heard nought about it so far

All you need to know here.

http://www.corkrebelweek2013.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I suppose they needed something to fill the lull before the Jazz weekend. Not too many posters getting here getting excited about the Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Went to the food market and it was actually really good! Loads of local produce, plenty of which I haven't seen before. Think my favorites might have been O'Neill's Irish Atlantic sea salt, Carrigaline cheese, Roly's fudge and love for Italy. Though the volcano pizza people looked like they were doing crazy business and I considered marrying the man with the home made sticky toffee pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

It's only a long-shot, but has anyone got a pic of the German Marching Band in yesterday's parade....taken from the front and including the Skibbereen banner and the Irish Navy sailor carrying the German flag? Fingers crossed....his mammy pressed Pause instead of Record! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Did some filming at the Naval Festival and Food Market yesterday. Didn't bother queueing to get on the boats (didn't want to stand there for 2 hours), but you could see pretty much everything on the outside of the boats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I thought the whole thing was really badly organised yesterday between 1pm-4pm-ish. There was basically masses of people walking to and from one quay to the next aimlessly. When we eventually found an area we could walk in to it was a complete disappointment. Marching bands etc really good but certainly a lot of confusion among people as to where to go etc. Disappointing.

• Advertisement

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I thought the whole thing was really badly organised yesterday between 1pm-4pm-ish. There was basically masses of people walking to and from one quay to the next aimlessly. When we eventually found an area we could walk in to it was a complete disappointment. Marching bands etc really good but certainly a lot of confusion among people as to where to go etc. Disappointing.

I was in around then, and you are absolutely right. The security people were just telling people at Customs House Quay to go away when the closed it early, so people were being pushed out onto the road. I was nearly hit by 2 cars, and countless other were as well.

It was just people milling around for 3 hours, and standing in queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Did some filming at the Naval Festival and Food Market yesterday.

Couldn't watch it. Far too much out of focus and zooming around which is just showing poor workmanship and camera skills and not a style. For what is there, once edited properly, a minute version will get the message across.

I would like to see something watchable. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Oops didn't realise I stumbled into a film critic forum.

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Couldn't watch it. Far too much out of focus and zooming around which is just showing poor workmanship and camera skills and not a style. For what is there, once edited properly, a minute version will get the message across.

I would like to see something watchable. Thanks.

Granted, it isn't my best work, but it musnt be too bad seeing as the organisers have asked to use it. It was a bit of a rush job in both filming and editing. If I'd set out that day to film, the quality would be much better. But, not wanting to be in a queue in the rain to be herded around a boat by silent sailors, filming was my only option.

TBH, I think I've made something fair out of what was a pretty bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

_rebelkid wrote: »
    TBH, I think I've made something fair out of what was a pretty bad lot.

Been there through the years myself, make sure they make an offer for usage. They've had budgets for security, road closures, harbour services and printing to say the least.

I'm sure they budgeted for photography as well. I'll look out for your clip in their version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I think this rebel week and the gathering is a load of bollox.

Advertisement