Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clane 10km/5km sun 20th oct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

ultraman1 wrote: »

Is it organised by a GAA club and what is the prize structure like? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

TRR wrote: »
    Is it organised by a GAA club and what is the prize structure like? ;)
    orgd by the parish/church group....ull get u scabby toes bathed in holy water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Gonna do this one (Proabably).
    Decent course. Sean Hehir won the 10k last year in about 30 min flat; but the 5k was won in about 19 minutes by a fellow pushing a buggy. First Lady was well over 20 minutes IIRC.
    There were some prizes; could be easy money for some ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Gonna do this one (Proabably).
    Decent course. Sean Hehir won the 10k last year in about 30 min flat; but the 5k was won in about 19 minutes by a fellow pushing a buggy. First Lady was well over 20 minutes IIRC.
    There were some prizes; could be easy money for some ;)
    pot hunter:p........###xx' begd me tio keep this one on the qt,,told me to say it starts at 7am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    pot hunter:p........###xx' begd me tio keep this one on the qt,,told me to say it starts at 7am

Nah, I am gonna do the 10k and come midpack. But if there were any glory hunters on taper; the 5k might be a good option ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Done the 10k last year and was very enjoyable and well organised - nice spread afterwards too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

I'm going to have a go at this - probably my last go this year at beating 40mins in the 10k - managed 41:50, 40:07 and 41:00 so far!

By the way I presume I can pick up my number and chip just before the race - I can't see any info on this on the web site

Bludub wrote: »
    I'm going to have a go at this - probably my last go this year at beating 40mins in the 10k - managed 41:50, 40:07 and 41:00 so far!

By the way I presume I can pick up my number and chip just before the race - I can't see any info on this on the web site
    Reg and numbr puck up straigjt after 10 o clock mass

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

any info on race number pick up times closer to the start time...?

for those of us who don't live in Clane and will be travelling from slightly farther away (and who have already registered online)

• Advertisement

id say pick up will be open till 2:29 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

great run today - seemed well organised and marshalled - good flat course, nice local atmosphere around the Parish hall - it was just what I was looking for after Berlin

Advertisement