Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 8.1 Media Center

• 16-10-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently installed Windows 8.1 Pro on a home machine, but I can't get Media Center on it. It doesn't appear to be part of the basic package, and I can't find any way to buy a key or download the software.

Any ideas?

R

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is 8.1 officially out yet? Media centre is a paid add-on in Windows 8/8.1 so requires a separate purchase of I think €10

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

The official date is tomorrow, but I have an early copy. Any idea on how to get to a website to pay for the Media Center pack?

Cheers,

R

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

RunDMC wrote: »
    The official date is tomorrow, but I have an early copy. Any idea on how to get to a website to pay for the Media Center pack?

Cheers,

R

I imagine you'll have to wait until tomorrow before it is available.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

yoyo wrote: »
    I imagine you'll have to wait until tomorrow before it is available.

Nick
    Not trying to start a debate but used WMC for years until I tried XBMC it's excellent and free. Haven't used PVR function as don't have a tuner/need but the other functions work very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I waited a couple of days and then used the "Add feature" feature to add Media Center. It cost me €9.99, but I'm happy now.

R

• Advertisement
Advertisement