Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont AIB send out statements via Email

Options
  • 16-10-2013 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

This is probably a silly question but why dont AIB send out Bank statements via email or perhaps not at all unless requested.
    After all most of us nowadays can view our Ac online & i dont think we really need statements every quarter. Complete waste of paper if you ask me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

You should sign up for e-statements

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

You can request to view them online through your online banking and no longer receive them by post. That option has been there a few years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^What they said. Also, emails are easily hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

SIX PACK wrote: »
    This is probably a silly question but why dont AIB send out Bank statements via email or perhaps not at all unless requested.
    After all most of us nowadays can view our Ac online & i dont think we really need statements every quarter. Complete waste of paper if you ask me

email in the majority of its forms in common use today is predominantly insecure. Basically by not using email, they are trying to protect your details and information.

Best to do what others are suggesting and sign up to their eStatements. They stop sending you paper and you get to save the planet (well a little bit of it anyhow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

estatements would be a lot easier to view without needing that retarded little code machine each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SIX PACK wrote: »

Does any bank actually send statements via e-mail???

Advertisement