Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm no wimp - I'm Simply the Best

Options
  • 16-10-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

... better than all the rest
    on that wimp list.

Who saw the wind and rain this morning and still cycled in?

I did :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The path was under 3 inches of water. My car is waterproof :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

BX 19 wrote: »
    The path was under 3 inches of water. My car is waterproof :)

:eek: Wimp list that way
    >

This thread is for Queens and Kings of commuting only :P

Traffic jams this morning were so bad Crumlin Rd/ Canal/ Ranelagh.
    I was very happy to be cycling past it all.
    Took it a bit slower though, rain makes everyone do crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'll just fit a rear mudguard before work. Work of a minute.

An hour of swearing later...FFfffffff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

MB Lacey wrote: »

Me too. Oh yes, I'm a regular hard man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

ABSOLUTELY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm drying my shoes right now. Looking at all the sad people trapped in their tin cans I have perversely enjoyed my commute this morning :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No shoes or socks, quick drying shorts and tee

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's raining in Dublin and not in Belfast??

Mental. It ALWAYS rains here.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

no commute for me just a training spin and i enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

I met a lad at the lights coming off Anglesea Road into Ballsbridge this morning with a pair of white socks... on his hands. Hardcore. Felt very wimpish then in gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i motor cycled. does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yes - it's only water!

lennymc wrote: »
    i motor cycled. does that count?
    definitely not lenny ,unless you pushed it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Radiators in the staff kitchen have been taken over with my stinkin', steaming gear..lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

take more than a bit of rain to make me use the car(wonders why he still owns a car that never gets used)

but i do only have to travel 13km :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Was there some sort of biblical weather event this morning? I must have missed it. I did notice a bit of drizzle and a few puddles.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was there some sort of biblical weather event this morning? I must have missed it. I did notice a bit of drizzle and a few puddles.

Set up a new, even harder thread Daragh, ' I didn't even notice the weather -did you?'

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Fair play to ye all, I have to do a 'little earner' in town today in my civvies so had to bus it today. 2hrs from Rathfarnham to Santry, who would ever use public transport? would rather be soaked on the rothar...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

MB Lacey wrote: »
    ... better than all the rest
    on that wimp list.

You may be the best but I am dry :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

RobFowl wrote: »
    You may be the best but I am dry :cool:

I'm also dry, just had to change all my clothes (also have a spare dry set for going back home). Same thing as every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Yep, but I did underestimate the rain. When it's as wet as this morning, I either wear waterproofs, or bring a change of clothes. I did neither, and am now uncomfortable.

My gf was in great form getting ready for her cycle to work this morning, was bopping around, pulling the helmet on and filling her bottle. Until she opened the front door. She suddenly stopped, slowly turned, with a look of pure shock on her face and said "What the f**k?"

I had no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Not me, I took the Dort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yep, but I did underestimate the rain. When it's as wet as this morning, I either wear waterproofs, or bring a change of clothes. I did neither, and am now uncomfortable.

My gf was in great form getting ready for her cycle to work this morning, was bopping around, pulling the helmet on and filling her bottle. Until she opened the front door. She suddenly stopped, slowly turned, with a look of pure shock on her face and said "What the f**k?"

I had no response.

How the fcuk did she not hear the rain pelting off the windows? Every window in my house was covered in raindrops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

kenmc wrote: »
    How the fcuk did she not hear the rain pelting off the windows? Every window in my house was covered in raindrops.

She was bopping around with earphones in. She has to get up at 6, and there's no chance she's sticking the radio on, so she puts in her earphones and gets on with it. The other effect of this was that when she turned around to say what she said, she kind of shouted it.

Ps. Yes, she cycles with earphones in. No, I don't like this, but she's a grown up, so back off, yeah?!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

All my gear is soaked, even backup socks are saturated....still beats the bus though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

50 km in the heavy rain at 5.30 this morning. It was not raining when i was standing in the front yard adjusting lights etc. was lashing within 100 m of leaving the house........ had the opertuinity to not continue....... but did and am glad i did now. The only thing it was about 12 deg so not cold. havent been out

i think we might need to start asking for proof of peoples 'hardness'
    just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Freak enough event, but still a grand enough spin. Didn't expect the easterly headwind though. You nearly never get rain and an easterly.

Usually when it rains, it's in short enough bursts, rained constantly on my way in today. <3 my panniers though. Completely waterproof. Shower in work, job done, just another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

granda wrote: »
    i think we might need to start asking for proof of peoples 'hardness'
    just to be sure

i've pm'd you my wet socks and trousers for inspection.

send them back before 5.00, please.

Advertisement