Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm no wimp - I'm Simply the Best

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Exactly my experience last week. Give me the bike any day.

This times a million. I'd rather be cycling in wet clothes than sitting in a smelly bus or train in wet clothes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

proper wimp territory - i'm not on the bike this morning because i managed to pull a muscle in my hand while towelling off after a shower yesterday. trying to grip anything with my left hand is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

proper wimp territory - i'm not on the bike this morning because i managed to pull a muscle in my hand while towelling off after a shower yesterday. trying to grip anything with my left hand is painful.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056763568/134/#post112086854

Wrong thread 😊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

whoops, you are correct!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Driving snow and headwind on the commute in this morning, all the way into town, cleared up in town, then started again in the Phoenix park. I could hardly see at the end, it was driving right into my face.

Grim.

Was fine this evening on the way home, wet and windy but ok.

I could do without any snow for the rest of the week. It's way colder than rain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

A royal drenching this morning from 06:00, pretty horrific conditions with heavy rain, cold and abundant amounts of standing water, not pleasant
    Of course it was starting to ease off as I neared the end of my commute about 40mins later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A royal drenching this morning from 06:00, pretty horrific conditions with heavy rain, cold and abundant amounts of standing water, not pleasant
    Of course it was starting to ease off as I neared the end of my commute about 40mins later.

I actually delayed leaving this morning, I woke like an old man with pain and stiffness so I sat in for 45 minutes drinking Tea till it had mainly subsided. It was grand if a tad cold after that. My shins are still warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I and seven others rode the Mayo 200 on Saturday in the middle of that storm. It was wet, it was cold, the hills were hidden by the headwind but we all finished it. I haven't cycled in that part of the world much before. The route goes from Ballina, across Sligo down into Roscommon, skims Galway and back into Mayo. Plenty of bogland with no shelter. I'd have been faster running some sections.
    https://strava.app.link/LvM6Gtlcb4

Advertisement