Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm no wimp - I'm Simply the Best

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

i've pm'd you my wet socks and trousers for inspection.

send them back before 5.00, please.

washed and dried or just dried
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

seamus wrote: »
    Freak enough event
    Do you not remember the "summer" of 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

granda wrote: »
    i think we might need to start asking for proof of peoples 'hardness'
    just to be sure

I'm on page 14......

t_4842.jpg

Failing that - Stava doesn't lie!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

granda wrote: »
    no commute for me just a training spin and i enjoyed it in a perverse sort of way:D

Same as. In and out before the rain started. Wind was a shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

I was collecting my Boards jersey order this morning, so no weather was going to stop me cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lights werent charged and it was sooooo dark at 7:30am this morning otherwide i would have done

aint there another thread like this

anyway its only water, what do you want a medal ? or a chest to pin it on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Well the good news is, it should be dry for the spin home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Splendid....maybe somebody could see about arranging a group buy?? :D

bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Splendid....maybe somebody could see about arranging a group buy?? :D

bike.jpg

The number of commuters who cycle with tyres as flat as his back tyre is incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

I love how the yanks are addicted to inventing and really throw stuff like this out there. Sky Mall is my favourite in-flight mag when travelling in the US, Inventor's Corner is brilliant.

This may have worked this morning too....
    205345898dw.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

DaithiMC wrote: »
    I love how the yanks are addicted to inventing and really throw stuff like this out there. Sky Mall is my favourite in-flight mag when travelling in the US, Inventor's Corner is brilliant.

-"What's new?" is an interesting and broadening eternal question, but one which, if pursued exclusively, results only in an endless parade of trivia and fashion, the silt of tomorrow. I would like, instead, to be concerned with the question "What is best?," a question which cuts deeply rather than broadly, a question whose answers tend to move the silt downstream. There are eras of human history in which the channels of thought have been too deeply cut and no change was possible, and nothing new ever happened, and "best" was a matter of dogma, but that is not the situation now. Now the stream of our common consciousness seems to be obliterating its own banks, losing its central direction and purpose, flooding the lowlands, disconnecting and isolating the highlands and to no particular purpose other than the wasteful fulfillment of its own internal momentum. Some channel deepening seems called for.-

Robert Pirsig.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

not looking forward to throwing on the nice wet shorts etc that I rolled up and threw in the bag earlier at 6ish! Not an inch of space on the radiators this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Sure twas only a bit of drizzle! For me, cycling in the rain for 20 mins beats walking/luasing for an hour any day* ;)

*except icy days, maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I saw the forecast.
    Got up at 05:55, jumped on the bike and was at work for 6;25 with time for a gym session & a swim & didn't get rained on so no wet cycling gear.

And avoided rain on the way home too.

It's all coming up Millhouse!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I had a whole bike rack to myself this morning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I saw the forecast.
    Got up at 05:55, jumped on the bike and was at work for 6;25 with time for a gym session & a swim & didn't get rained on so no wet cycling gear.

And avoided rain on the way home too.

It's all coming up Millhouse!

Whimp. I was on the bike at 5:20

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Stollaire

MB Lacey wrote: »
    The number of commuters who cycle with tyres as flat as his back tyre is incredible.

Maybe it's flat so he can get more grip in the wet......?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

It was wet, but at least not too cold. Yep, cycled in like a boss. mental traffic - loved hearing the car commuters swapping stories about 2 hours plus commutes from 10 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

I wimped out of cycling and got soaked anyway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Jumped on the mtb . thankful for the disc brakes today in that sh*te.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Me!

Had a lovely quiet cycle in.

Rain jacket and overpants not the best look however!

Hate that it is dry now and will have a fat bag for cycle home though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Looks like the easterly gale tailwind I had on the way in has veered to southwesterly for a homebound tailwind. Yus!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Lawr

Cycled in to work today. Honestly considered driving, then saw on sky news that the afternoon was going to be brilliant. Glad I cycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I saw the rain pelting down outside this morning and just walked downstairs and turned the laptop on. Epic commute. I opened the blinds on the way. Bone dry though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I saw rain and was unwilling to force mini me to cycle to school, so drove. I could barely see out of any of the f'kin car windows which was really scary. I miss my heated side mirrors and decent demister.

And just as a reminder, it was no easier seeing a cyclist in a luminous vest, than without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

And just as a reminder, it was no easier seeing a cyclist in a luminous vest, than without one.

You need UV light for those to stand out and that requires sunshine...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Who saw the wind and rain this morning and still cycled in?

I did :D
    I did, my usual commute (one hour each way or so).

My skin is, and so I am... waterproof, no bother to me :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Cyclists smug? Nah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

cdaly_ wrote: »
    You need UV light for those to stand out and that requires sunshine...

Ah really? I was looking forward to wearing a hi vis jacket and being able to change lanes without looking/being able to see through my hood, or maybe flying along the footpath to really look after MY safety...I mean fcek everyone else's right?

Advertisement