Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre order

Options
  • 16-10-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I placed an order for e-fibre two and a half weeks ago. At the time I was given an installation date for the engineer to come around.

The day before the engineer was scheduled to come I called eircom to correct a mistake with the address on my account and was told that there was in fact no engineer scheduled to come. The nice lady told me that I was on the schedule and would get a call from an engineer within 5 days.

It is now 7 working days later.

Now I decided to go with eircom because I thought I would avoid all this nonsense. I want e-fibre, but it is now clear that 2 appointments have just been "lost" somehow.

Can I get a confirmed appointment for the installation of e-fibre please? 

Just to be up front about this - if there is a third lost install appointment I will be cancelling my order.

Thanks for your help. I know you get a lot of cranky people on here and I was hoping not to be one but my patience is wearing thin and I have lost faith in telephone customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Khannie wrote: »
    Hello.

I placed an order for e-fibre two and a half weeks ago. At the time I was given an installation date for the engineer to come around.

The day before the engineer was scheduled to come I called eircom to correct a mistake with the address on my account and was told that there was in fact no engineer scheduled to come. The nice lady told me that I was on the schedule and would get a call from an engineer within 5 days.

It is now 7 working days later.

Now I decided to go with eircom because I thought I would avoid all this nonsense. I want e-fibre, but it is now clear that 2 appointments have just been "lost" somehow.

Can I get a confirmed appointment for the installation of e-fibre please? 

Just to be up front about this - if there is a third lost install appointment I will be cancelling my order.

Thanks for your help. I know you get a lot of cranky people on here and I was hoping not to be one but my patience is wearing thin and I have lost faith in telephone customer service.
    Hi Khannie

How did you place the order?

Can you send me a private message with your full name (the efibre order was placed under) and the address please and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Sure thing Mark. Thanks for the prompt response.

Sure thing Mark. Thanks for the prompt response.
    Hi Khannie

I Got your PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks, Mark

Very fast turnaround from Mark there. He did all that he could. Just wanted to say two thumbs up.

Very fast turnaround from Mark there. He did all that he could. Just wanted to say two thumbs up.
    Cheers Khannie

I appreciate the post. Sorry I could not do more.

Mark

• Advertisement

So today I got a phone call from eircom. My e-fibre order was cancelled. Apparently e-fibre is not yet available in my area.

Amateur hour lads. Amateur hour.

(this is not aimed at the reps in here. Mark was very helpful)

So today I got a phone call from eircom. My e-fibre order was cancelled. Apparently e-fibre is not yet available in my area.

Amateur hour lads. Amateur hour.

(this is not aimed at the reps in here. Mark was very helpful)
    Hi Khannie

I am sorry it was not better news from the efibre escalation team. There have been a few cases where the system has been updated (showing an address is enabled) to point that allows the order to be processed and the agents are far as we can see the order should go through.

Regardless it should not have taken this long to clarify the error. Apologies for the number of calls and time you had to take to clear this up.

Mark

Advertisement