Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Shaving Supplier - End of Discount Communication?

• 16-10-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

Anyone else receive an email today from a fairly well established UK based shaving store telling them they're discontinuing their generic, previously non expiry, no limit 10% discount code because we, their customers, have been abusing them?

Unbelievable stuff... they issue a badly managed discount system and then discontinue it because the people they were trying to target used it in a manner that they deem undesirable :confused:

And they write to a repeat customer like me... and send me a big smiley face holding a stop sign telling me to stop using the code...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Connaught Shaving by any chance?

I've never dealt with them so don't know if it's them or not (I will have to use them soon for injector blades however).

Why bother issuing a discount code if you're going to complain when people use it? Whoever it is could have just deactivated the discount code easily enough and not have a go at their customers. Baffling stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

No.. not Connaught.

I'm not going to mention their name, because I could get my hand slapped, but if you head over to http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/ you'll see it mentioned in Shopping Links and Feedback forum.

It's an astonishingly bad communication... I emailed them and they basically said people were using it and not coming back for more business and it wasn't suistanable.

Now.. that's fine, they've decided from a business perspective it's no longer viable... but here's what they had to say to customers in their communication:

"Due to constant misuse, we have to announce that from 5pm on Friday the 18th of October, we will be suspending our generic 10% discount codes indefinitely.
    We have had to take this action due to the constant misuse of these codes from their intended purpose."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

jpb1974 wrote: »
    No.. not Connaught.

Cool, makes me feel good about using Connaught Shaving then :)

I found who it was and can honestly say I've never used them. Think I was only on the site once before. They really should have just given the reason that it was unsustainable from a business point of view instead of calling it 'misuse' by customers.

Advertisement