Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbridge to swords drive

Options
  • 16-10-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi
    has anyone drove from newbridge to swords in morning traffic?? what time would one leave to be in swords for 8:50am? would anyone recommend the route towards the m4 through clane and then onto the m50 to m1?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

hi
    has anyone drove from newbridge to swords in morning traffic?? what time would one leave to be in swords for 8:50am? would anyone recommend the route towards the m4 through clane and then onto the m50 to m1?

thanks

Never gone to swords but go to DCU on Saturday, takes about 40min going straight down m7, up m50. Id say add another 30-40 min for traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

hi

thanks

if you want to be in swords at 8.50 you must be on the road at 7.30 at the latest monday to wednesday. thursday and friday the traffic always seems to be lighter for some reason. I do this journey at least 3 times a week.
    would not bother going the clane way i wouldnt be any quicker as the m4 can get blocked up in the morning from well before lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

Thanks Roy. I was thinking around half 7 myself so I will leave a little earlier just to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Leave at 7.15 and you'll get there for 8ish, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. If you leave it til 7.30, you'll get stuck at Newlands cross and M50 will be slow.

Leave at 7.30 and get there 8.15-8.30 on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

sandin wrote: »
    Leave at 7.15 and you'll get there for 8ish, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. If you leave it til 7.30, you'll get stuck at Newlands cross and M50 will be slow.

Leave at 7.30 and get there 8.15-8.30 on Friday

Just wanted to update this. I left at 7:25am yesterday and made it to swords village at 8:35am, and this morning i left at 7:20am and arrived at swords village at 8:30am. Traffic was heavy at newlands cross but it moves fairly quick.

I am afraid to chnace leaving a little later, like around 7:40am, cause even though it has taken me an 1hr and 10 mins both mornings, a crash could occur along the way or traffic could be that little bit heavier at that time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement