Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Basingstoke area.

Options
  • 16-10-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey guys , just wondering is there anyone who has or is living in the Basingstoke area in England. Been sent there on Short notice for a year or two with work ,just wondering what kinda place it is and what it has to offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hey guys , just wondering is there anyone who has or is living in the Basingstoke area in England. Been sent there on Short notice for a year or two with work ,just wondering what kinda place it is and what it has to offer.

Basingstoke is a "new" town, which generally means it has everything except a soul!

There are lots of lovely villages around that area and it is easily commutable from Reading and Southampton if you want somewhere bigger.

Are you moving on your own, with family etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

No moving with a about 10 guys from work ,seems to be a easy commute to Reading and Southampton , thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I am Irish and grew up in Limerick but I was born there and have been back a few times!

Not a lot in that town unless you like roundabouts! Eastrop park and the Bisons Ice hockey rink are there. Have never been on a night out there but judging by my family, cousins and siblings etc. It's a dump!

Reading is 15 miles away I think. At least there you could go to London Irish games! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

May I recommend 'Hook', a small village not a million miles away from soulless Basingstoke.

PS: From memory there is a very nice Cinema in Basingstoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

LordSutch wrote: »
    May I recommend 'Hook', a small village not a million miles away from soulless Basingstoke.

PS: From memory there is a very nice Cinema in Basingstoke.

I worked in Hook for a few months. Nice village, but very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Any updates?

I may be moving here soon....don't like the sound of 'soulless'

Advertisement