Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community in Sandyford

Options
  • 16-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some basic community/things to do/places to go in Sandyford.

I'm living near the beacon area, due to work and the places seems a graveyard.
    For so many people living nearby, there seems a chronic shortage of, well everything.

Perfect place to live if you want to buy designer furniture or view the corpse of the celtic tiger, it must be said.

I'd particularly love to know if there are any libraries nearby, and bars too, only one I know of is the copper bar...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Nearest Library would be Dundrum or Stillorgan
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/library/

Nearest non-member swimming pool would be Glenalbyn or Meadowbrook
    http://www.dlrleisureservices.ie/index.php

Its a bit of a walk, but Leopardstown Inn can be accessed via the Sandyford Luas stop, or you could go to Bewleys of the Beacon Hotel.

Near Beacon you can go trampolineing or indoor skiing

Cinema in Stillorgan or Dundrum...

What are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NickFromTipp

O'Dwyers pub on lower Kilmacud road not to far either. Or the goat grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

A walk to the blue light pub via the fernhill tunnel is feasible - great views out over Dublin and the sea. Although at 3.5 miles (7 miles round trip) it might be a bit far just to go to the pub, unless a brisk walk with a drink halfway through is the aim. If you want a longer walk there are plenty of access trails onto the three rock mountain from barnacullia.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Leopardstown Tennis Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hey,
    Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some basic community/things to do/places to go in Sandyford.

I'm living near the beacon area, due to work and the places seems a graveyard.
    For so many people living nearby, there seems a chronic shortage of, well everything.

Perfect place to live if you want to buy designer furniture or view the corpse of the celtic tiger, it must be said.

I'd particularly love to know if there are any libraries nearby, and bars too, only one I know of is the copper bar...

This was my point really in a recent thread. I work in Sandyford and live in the area too but there's feck all facilities in the area. As has already been highlighted you have to leave the place to get what you need. It's just an industrial estate with apartments tacked on :(

I'm living in a "nice area" but I'm thinking of giving it up because of this and commuting in.

But I don't see the appeal of "the southside" anyway. Your point about the Beacon "Shopping Centre" sums it all up for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement