Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxford College International - Beginner's Courses - any good?

• 16-10-2013 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I saw what appeared to be a pretty good offer on a deal-of-the-day website recently for an eight-week beginner's course in various languages at Oxford College International, Dublin. It was reduced from €225 to €79.

I was thinking of taking beginner's French. I did French in secondary school, but never worked at it (regrettably) and was hoping to relearn the basics and maybe more, as I do know some fluent speakers with whom I could practice.

Has anyone done this course, or does anyone know someone who has, and if so, was it worth it? How good was their level after eight weeks (Brazilian Portuguese, German and Spanish are also being offered)?

Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heikki

Hi,

I saw what appeared to be a pretty good offer on a deal-of-the-day website recently for an eight-week beginner's course in various languages at Oxford College International, Dublin. It was reduced from €225 to €79.

I was thinking of taking beginner's French. I did French in secondary school, but never worked at it (regrettably) and was hoping to relearn the basics and maybe more, as I do know some fluent speakers with whom I could practice.

Has anyone done this course, or does anyone know someone who has, and if so, was it worth it? How good was their level after eight weeks (Brazilian Portuguese, German and Spanish are also being offered)?

Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated.

How many hours per week are the classes??

Advertisement