Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Pressie for Guy

• 16-10-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

I'm at a loss here for a good pressie. My boyfriend lives in the UK and its also his birthday in December which makes it doubly difficult to think of something.

He doesn't play video games. He's really into music and goes/works at a lot of festivals etc. Gadgety and really into food and drink.
    Need to try and get something cool but I also need to be able to take it in my luggage.
    So its a big dilemma. Any idea's or help would be very appreciated.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Get him a ticketmaster gift card, he can use that then to book tickets for a concert or festival, and it takes up no space as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Loughc wrote: »
    Get him a ticketmaster gift card, he can use that then to book tickets for a concert or festival, and it takes up no space as well.

Its a good idea but the nature of his job means he gets a lot of freebies. I also wanted to get a gift not a voucher if that makes sense. I can always get a gift sent to a friend in the UK and collect it and give it to him there. It would be a bit of a faff though. Sorry should have mentioned that as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What budget are we working with? ;)

What budget are we working with? ;)

Yeah, s'pose that would help. :D
    About €100 but can stretch it a bit for something really cool. Have two pressies to get so one could be cheaper and one more expensive. So about €200 in total at a real push to my limit.

A Kindle?

Portable DVD Player with a Boxset he was looking for?

After that I'm fresh out of ideas haha!

• Advertisement

A Kindle?

Portable DVD Player with a Boxset he was looking for?

After that I'm fresh out of ideas haha!

Not really pushing the boundaries of cool there. :D:D
    I'll keep looking. Its a toughie.

Would be so much easier if he was into footie or gaming but then I wouldn't be with him if that was the case. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

sometimes you can get cool ideas here http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/?switchcurrency=EUR&locover=true (though you would probably find it cheaper elsewhere but it might give you ideas).

Also you could try some of the experience websites, I know you dont want to give a voucher but its a gift because you decide what he will be doing like driving a ferarrei, flying lesson etc. (and don't be afraid to join the two presents to make one really good one, its what most people do to us born in December!)

I bought my ex one of those experiences as he was mad into flying. He never used it. Most expensive bit of paper I ever bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

A caricature might be a good idea as it's really personal and not something you'd buy for yourself!

• Advertisement

Chloe29 wrote: »
    A caricature might be a good idea as it's really personal and not something you'd buy for yourself!

You know what, I quite like that although they can be hit and miss. I'll look into it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Signature Styler

I think a watch is a lovely present for a guy, I bought my boyfriend one a few years ago and he loves it still!

He is into food, gadgets etc.. but he loved the watch!!

I think a watch is a lovely present for a guy, I bought my boyfriend one a few years ago and he loves it still!

He is into food, gadgets etc.. but he loved the watch!!

I've thought about the watch but he doesnt wear anything (he wears clothes obviously). Still pondering that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Pocket watch , pretty eccentric, cool and kinda gadgetey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Signature Styler

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I've thought about the watch but he doesnt wear anything (he wears clothes obviously). Still pondering that one.

Maybe try hint it a bit!

I was surprised he loved it as he wouldn't be into jewelry etc... but honetly he loved it and it was a Swatch watch for like 160 euro or something!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A really nice bottle of Whiskey?
    A netflix subscription?
    A leatherman (best tool ever)
    Get a photo shoot of yourself (secret boudoir) type and give him the pics.
    thinkgeek.com is full of awesome stuff but depends what he is in to and what his hobbies are.

Advertisement