Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation

Options
  • 16-10-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If your told your off probation can you be put back on probation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

No, but when you say you were told, was this done formally? as in a proper review meeting or did you get anything in writing?
    Has the probation period stated in the contract passed? For eg if I am on 6 mths probation any my employer just tells me informally after 4 months that I am off probation, this doesn't mean very much.

However if I am on 6 mths probation and that time comes and goes without them advising me one way or the other, then it can be assumed that the probation has finished. An EAT would usually side with the employee if the employer then tried to maintain that probation was not passed.

If you have formally been told that probation has been completed then you can't be put back on probation. HOWEVER you could be put on a performance improvement programme if your performance became an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No, but when you say you were told, was this done formally? as in a proper review meeting or did you get anything in writing?

Didn't get anything in writing but it was done at a proper review meeting.
    Has the probation period stated in the contract passed? For eg if I am on 6 mths probation any my employer just tells me informally after 4 months that I am off probation, this doesn't mean very much.

Yes, was on it for 6 months (as my contract stated).

Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement