Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a decent haircut in Limerick

• 16-10-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to ask can anyone recommend somewhere good and not overly expensive for a decent haircut in Limerick for a guy. Have tried a lot of the barbers in limerick city and am looking for somewhere new. Some unisex place or somewhere like that where I won't be ripped off either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

What kind of haircut are you looking for and what price would you consider to be a rip off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would try Johnny's in Castletroy - really decent prices and a good cut!
    You cant go wrong either by calling and booking Brian/Eric in Figaro's. Johnny and Brian/Eric are three of the best barbers in Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Frank Hackett in Retrobarber Denmark Street opposite St. Michaels church is THE best. He runs the barber academy.

http://www.retrobarbers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭FMartinp

Frank Hackett in Retrobarber Denmark Street opposite St. Michaels church is THE best. He runs the barber academy.

http://www.retrobarbers.ie
    I'd highly recommend Frank in Retro Barbers aswell. He's top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

plus one for both Johnny and Frank, only 2 id go to in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

There's a barber out by hassetts cross called Razors best barber I've gone to €14 last time I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

+1 on Johnny's. Great cut, very decent prices and the lads there are very very sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Another vote for Johnnys here although Johnny no longer works there himself, he has opened a new shop in Manchester, they can be quite slow there too but I always get a good cut there and the lads are sound there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Big fan of Johnny's, used to cut my hair back in the 'Rossini' days!
    Funny focker too, @JohnnytheBaBa on twitter. Don't think he's full time in Manchester, just getting the new shop up & running.

The other lads in the shop are all decent too - well-trained, look sharp, and they take their time - which I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Another +1 for Johnnys here, been going there the last year or so. I think Johnny is only in Manchester until Christmas or so until the new shop gets up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Retro is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I know a great place in Ennis its unisex,the hairdressers there do all the up to date crew for men course's.

They're very much up to date with the latest trends. ...

Ennis is probably too far I know. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Reflections in Kennedy Park out near Roxboro

Staff are excellent - do a fine job and are most courteous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Try Oscars in the parkway. Very good prices and a savage barber there too. They have an Instagram page and you can check out what they have done. @oscarsandco

Advertisement