Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshals for Dublin Marathon 2013

Options
  • 16-10-2013 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi all, I do a lot of events around the year and am always appreciative of the marshals that help out. With this in mind I would be keen to marshal at the upcoming Dublin City Marathon provided I am not too late.
    Does anyone know how I can go about doing this as all contact information on their website is aimed at race runners etc. Any advise would be great, many thanks. Phil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Pm1e wrote: »
    Hi all, I do a lot of events around the year and am always appreciative of the marshals that help out. With this in mind I would be keen to marshal at the upcoming Dublin City Marathon provided I am not too late.
    Does anyone know how I can go about doing this as all contact information on their website is aimed at race runners etc. Any advise would be great, many thanks. Phil

PM Hard Worker who frequents this forum (perhaps not as much at the moment due to proximity to the big day)

I am sure he will be only to happy to have another pair of hands on board. Fair play in offering also. So many of us are so focused on our own races we often forget that without marshals these races would not be able to go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Fair play to you. Best thing to do is ring the DCM office on 01-6232250 and let them know you are available, the lady there should be able to pass your details onto the marshal organiser or give you his details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

ecoli wrote: »
    PM Hard Worker who frequents this forum (perhaps not as much at the moment due to proximity to the big day)

I am sure he will be only to happy to have another pair of hands on board. Fair play in offering also. So many of us are so focused on our own races we often forget that without marshals these races would not be able to go ahead.

That was exactly my thinking for this, I compete all throughout the summer and the work of the marshals is superb. I want to give back if I can. I will hunt this fella down and offer to help, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Well i emailed the address on the marathon website last week saying that i would like to help out on the day.

They emailed me back and told me they had enough marshalls for the event so they appear not to want any more helpers for the day. If you get a 'yes' on your request to assist, can you add me as another body willing to help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I know someone organising stewards for various parts of the course, PM me if you don't get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It might be worth contacting your local club. My club has to provide 30 marshalls for our patch on the route, I'm sure it's the same for most of the dublin clubs.

Jnealon wrote: »
    It might be worth contacting your local club. My club has to provide 30 marshalls for our patch on the route, I'm sure it's the same for most of the dublin clubs.

I'm not in a club, I'm one of those lone athletes. :pac: lol but thanks for the info

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I know someone organising stewards for various parts of the course, PM me if you don't get sorted.

May be on to you shortly BeepBeep, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Pm1e wrote: »
    I'm not in a club, I'm one of those lone athletes. :pac: lol but thanks for the info

A kind of a one man Wolfpack then is it?

slingerz wrote: »
    A kind of a one man Wolfpack then is it?

:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement