Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lining Sewer Pipes

Options
  • 16-10-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have what I believe to be old clay sewer pipes at my home which I am pretty sure are leaking and are becoming blocked.

In looking into things online it seems that an option other than ripping them up is to have them lined.

I have approximately 150 metres to do.

Would anyone have an idea of how much this might cost (per metre maybe?), or where I might find an indication of cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have not done it. It is expensive (hundreds of euros to line a meter or two of problem area).

However, I have taken up old clay pipes and replaced them recently (about 25m). The problems weren't really about the quality of the piping, more the layout of the pipes, which no longer made sense.

Really, the old clay pipes were very well laid and were almost all fine. There was one place where there was a problem, where a wall had been built on top.

The cause of your blockages is probably only in one or two places. I would have the whole thing surveyed (cost about 250-500 euros) and see what the worst problems are. The survey is done by putting a camera (with a light) into a sewer and making a video.

A

Advertisement