If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Channel amp

Options
  • 16-10-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi Guys , My CA 340 Amp  just gave its last breath , do you have any ex demo or specials on ? Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Spinone wrote: »
    Hi Guys , My CA 340 Amp  just gave its last breath , do you have any ex demo or specials on ? Thanks
    ..Hope it was a  good Party....?

Unusual to see a 340 give up the ghost - they are normally like tanks and go on forever..

At the moment - it's a complate no-brainer, the Marantz PM6004 is clearing at a completely bonkers £199.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6004/mara-pm6004-blk

I would say that this is the best Amplifier offer we have EVER had! - even if it's a bit of a stretch, really do go for this, you will have it for years and it just sounds F A N T A S T I C..

Heres a review of it when it was £320..
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm6004

In stock and ready for shipping or collection..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Thanks John , well in fairness the 340  did have a slight fall !! ..

Is there anything you can do on the price ? (For a returning customer !!) Its for a second system and i did'nt want to spend that much

Cheers

Thanks John , well in fairness the 340  did have a slight fall !! ..

Is there anything you can do on the price ? (For a returning customer !!) Its for a second system and i did'nt want to spend that much

Cheers
    Spin,

okiedoie - I'm not sure the 340 had the parachute feature installed, it'd depend on which software version it has ( .. and no I'm not drinking in the office)

The only thing I can do on the PM6004 price is increase it :eek:, we completely lose our shirts on it and we're not even meant to ship it! Honestly, sell your car / bike / soul / puppy etc to get it - its really that good!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi 

Very tempted , one problem though , it will barely fit in the glass rack i have , do they run hot ? its just the height of it , width and length no issue but there would be only couple mm clearance on top . Would that be a big issue ?

Tks

Hi 

Very tempted , one problem though , it will barely fit in the glass rack i have , do they run hot ? its just the height of it , width and length no issue but there would be only couple mm clearance on top . Would that be a big issue ?

Tks
    No, generally not, unless you present it with a really difficult load - what speakers will you run with it?

Generally the space under the feet gives it enough room to breathe - even if there is just a sliver of space to allow the air to escape at the top it would be great - allows the air to circulate ( they don't like being dropped either tho' :p)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,
    John Mc

• Advertisement

Cheers John , Measured again and it just wont fit , id have to Jam it in and it would def get too hot .. Tks

Cheers John , Measured again and it just wont fit , id have to Jam it in and it would def get too hot .. Tks
    Spin,

no problem - I'll have a scout around and see if I can find something noce 'winged' for you - whats the ideal budget ( and you may as well give me the dimensions as well )

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks John , Basically around the 150 mark Approx , once the height is less than 90mm i should be ok , width and dept no issue

Cheers

topaz-am10-front-1353930415.jpg
    Thanks John , Basically around the 150 mark Approx , once the height is less than 90mm i should be ok , width and dept no issue

Cheers
    Spin,

how about a Cambridge audio AM10 Amp - I have one display unit that I would clear at £129.95 / €157.99 - i'ts never even been switched on, and still has the protective film over the display:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am10/camb-am10-blk

Fits the bill perfectly on the measurements front as its a slimline jobbie, just 76mm high - realistically the next step up is going to be the CA 351A and thats going to bust the budget at £250 ish...

Keep us posted,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.