Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debt written off, or was it?

• 16-10-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got a letter in today from a crowd who have taken over from MBNA. 2 Years ago i paid most of my debt to said company but due to so many other financial commitments i was unable to finish paying the debt so the wrote the debt off.
    This morning i received a letter stating that MBNA had written off that debt and recorded it to the Irish Credit Bureau with a follow up that this new company is now looking for the debt...

My question is can this happen after the company wrote the debt off?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

This is not legal advice, but general information about writing off debt.

Writing off a debt is an administrative exercise, of little relevance to anybody except a lender. It is primarily a matter for a lender's own accounts. Writing off a debt does not subsequently constrain the rights of the lender, or an interested party, in recovering the same debt.

Advertisement