Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a Particular Mug

Options
  • 16-10-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a particular MUG! Really particular. It's HUGE, takes loadsa coffee to keep me happy when studying.

My current one has a very loose handle and its' days are being counted but it's served me well through the years.

Bought YEARS ago in I think 'HomeBase?'. Have yet to see it anywhere for sale in recent times.

Would you know where I can purchase a mug very much like this; but even a smaller version like this might tide me over until I find the one I am looking for.

Anywhere in Kerry I would travel for my mug,

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I am looking for a particular MUG! Really particular. It's HUGE, takes loadsa coffee to keep me happy when studying.

My current one has a very loose handle and its' days are being counted but it's served me well through the years.

Bought YEARS ago in I think 'HomeBase?'. Have yet to see it anywhere for sale in recent times.

Would you know where I can purchase a mug very much like this; but even a smaller version like this might tide me over until I find the one I am looking for.

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

They have the sports direct mugs upstairs in heatons, they are pretty massive. They are near the tills in the sports section last time I was there

Double post again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

They have the sports direct mugs upstairs in heatons, they are pretty massive. They are near the tills in the sports section last time I was there

No I received one of them with a sports order online with some company but I don't like it. Too wide! It's tall n slim HUGE White ceramic mug I am looking for.

As I said above though, Very Particular Mug :o

Thank You though,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I bought similar in Woodies a while ago. It looks the same as the mug you showed but had reddish flowers on them. It wasn't too wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Try the first floor in Heatons (floor below Sports Direct), or Michael Guineys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

try TK Maxx, they have a lovely selection of unusual mugs....at least they did a few weeks ago.

No I received one of them with a sports order online with some company but I don't like it. Too wide! It's tall n slim HUGE White ceramic mug I am looking for.

As I said above though, Very Particular Mug :o

Thank You though,
    kerry4sam
    Sorry, didn't see the links. I'll keep my eyes peeled and good luck on your quest :D

^^^

Many Thanks. Once I can get back walking some distance, then it will be time to go exploring around the shops again :)

Thanks Again,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

This quest is going to drive me crazy. I'll be looking everywhere for that mug now!

madrabui wrote: »
    This quest is going to drive me crazy. I'll be looking everywhere for that mug now!

Ah jazus don't! It'll be grand, I still have my current mug with loose handle to tide me over :)

I'll be back walking miles again in next few weeks and once strength is back I'll get out there looking in the shops listed above.

Twil be grand madrabui. I'll post here when I WILL locate one,

Thanks all,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bananas10

Was in a Dunnes on Cork today and they had something very similar. Had a look on their website just now. It's a Paul Costelloe one for a fiver.

bananas10 wrote: »
    Was in a Dunnes on Cork today and they had something very similar. Had a look on their website just now. It's a Paul Costelloe one for a fiver.

Coolio, will have a gander. They'll have them in store, once it's online. I'll be getting a spin back to Tralee next week taxing my car so I'll try get down town to look in there & Heatons and Michael Guineys. I'll pop into Woodies & TK Maxx also on my way out from town :)

/unforeseen delay with my next scan => delay in necessary procedures to aid my lumbar injury so not a lot of walking will be done by me in the foreseeable future so will need to be driven around to all shops!

Many Thanks again everyone,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

I was in TK Maxx today & the definitely that that style of mug in there! I don't think they were plain though, they seemed to have prints on them.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I was in TK Maxx today & the definitely that that style of mug in there! I don't think they were plain though, they seemed to have prints on them.

Ah coolio. I'll have a gander this coming week when I'm in Tralee :)

Went back to Tralee today &

Taxed my car a lickle early. The car I have now is actually my first ever car that I've owned, worked & saved for and paid in full all on my lonesome - delira! Every year I've gone to the tax office in Tralee, it is the same man at the counter who ends up serving me - freaky co-incidence! Lovely man though, always a smile and a kind word :)

Anywhoo, My Particular Mug:

~ Dunnes - no joy
    ~ Heatons - no joy
    ~ another shop on corner of square (name gone from mind) - no joy
    ~ Michael Guineys - no joy
    ~ Homebase - no joy
    ~ Woodies - no joy
    ~ TK Maxx - no joy
    ~ Tesco - no joy

The Search continues; still a big county to explore!

On a positive note: I started my Christmas shopping today and already bought pressies for the dogs belonging to some family members - lovely Christmas dog-collars and hats that jingle when moving :o

Thanks again ^^^ Everyone,
    I'll keep looking & if found, I'll update here,
    kerry4sam

Ah TK Maxx, I saw one the same style that you wanted but it had a cat on it.

Do you know the kitchen/catering shop called 'Utensils'? Go upstairs. They had a white mug that held 550mls. It was more wide than tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

I have a huge Guinness mug. Mine is bigger than this one.

http://www.thegiftmagnet.ie/shop/images/images_big/Guinness/02648.JPG

This was so random & weird! I went to Castleisland today looking and one lady in a shop said "you know their was this man in here earlier looking for the same type of mug" and in another shop I was informed another person was in looking for the same type of mug.

^^^ Now if that is you reading in here, please post if you find it in a shop :)

I was informed today though that the mug I am looking for is actually discontinued & now, the best bet for finding my mug is for someone to randomly put one up for sale online or something. Won't be found in a shop though :mad:

I'm still going to look for a mug very much like mine in terms of volume though. This one is just plain, just a very simply white plain auld mug, but it's the size that's causing the difficulty.

I'm in Cork tomorrow before work for another scan, but might get back to Tralee before week-end is out before or after work to look in Utensils.

Thanks Again ^^^ & If those who were in looking and asking in the shops find one, Please post in here :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

I tried Homestoreandmore in Limerick yesterday.
    Only similar was correct shape, but too small and not porcelain so you can cross them off too.

If you are in Cork city, go to Brennan's Cook Shop on Oliver Plunkett Street (http://cookshop.ie/shop/).

• Advertisement

If you are in Cork city, go to Brennan's Cook Shop on Oliver Plunkett Street (http://cookshop.ie/shop/).

AH coolio. My scan has revealed a fracture at the base of my spine so I'll defo be back in Cork for procedures & treatments.
    I'll plan some extra time for my wandering around including a visit to Coolavokig Pottery en route to Cork (Ballyvourney/Macroom area) also.

Since I know my own current mug been discontinued, it's now just a case of buying a mug very similar in terms of volume now :)

AH coolio. My scan has revealed a fracture at the base of my spine so I'll defo be back in Cork for procedures & treatments.
    I'll plan some extra time for my wandering around including a visit to Coolavokig Pottery en route to Cork (Ballyvourney/Macroom area) also.

Since I know my own current mug been discontinued, it's now just a case of buying a mug very similar in terms of volume now :)

Ouch! But I suppose you'll see more of Cork so every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Also try Mahers (25 Oliver Plunkett St, Cork, http://www.maherspurecoffee.ie/). They sell coffee related paraphernalia. It's on the same side of the street as Brennan's. But Brennan's usually have a nice selection of mugs.

Ouch! But I suppose you'll see more of Cork so every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Also try Mahers (25 Oliver Plunkett St, Cork, http://www.maherspurecoffee.ie/). They sell coffee related paraphernalia. It's on the same side of the street as Brennan's. But Brennan's usually have a nice selection of mugs.

Ah yeah always a silver lining; Cork has always been like 'Home from Home' with the personalities I meet so never mind travelling over the border, even in pain!

Coolio, Will try both Brennans & Mahers when next there.

Thanks So Much Again Everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I got some massive cups, like enough to hold about 1.8/2 mugs of coffee, in Dealz in Tralee. I've seen similar in other discount stores, not sure whether in Tralee or Dublin

Seriously was getting too much caffeine in them, I was getting palpitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'm very interested in seeing the size of this epic mug/bucket!
    Pictures must be posted of the existing loose handled one.

I got some massive cups, like enough to hold about 1.8/2 mugs of coffee, in Dealz in Tralee. I've seen similar in other discount stores, not sure whether in Tralee or Dublin

Seriously was getting too much caffeine in them, I was getting palpitations.

Thanks. Yeah if using smaller mugs, I make coffee stronger if making myself. If bigger, then weaker coffee. Moderation is the key and knowing what you personally are capable of consuming.

Found it ideal for long study sessions that I'll be embarking on again soon, so getting some 'essential' prep done early :)

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 quille

Just seen really nice ones in Kellihers, next to Garveys supervalue x

quille wrote: »
    Just seen really nice ones in Kellihers, next to Garveys supervalue x

Ah Thank You! & Welcome to boards.ie :)

I went in to Kellehers there last week and also into Utensils and still no joy! I will locate one, on some random day out shopping, twil be pure luck, but will happen.

Thanks again,
    kerry4sam

I was in Dublin, and checked Ikea and Arnotts. Unfortunately nothing suitable was to be seen.

• Advertisement

I was in Dublin, and checked Ikea and Arnotts. Unfortunately nothing suitable was to be seen.

Many Thanks for that :)

You know I am thinking that my best option would be the charity shops - that maybe someone handed one in to one shop for re-sale for charity somewhere?! Possible the only option left since it is discontinued and won't be back on market from now onward.

Thanks again all for all the checks though, I appreciate it.
    kerry4sam

Advertisement