Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

343868.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

343915.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

343951.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nodin wrote: »
    Evening Herald headline

'Dublin Man's 5 Year Old Son Hacks Site In Support Of ISIS'

Interesting fact, if you google "Dublin man" you will see what appears to be the worlds worst superhero.
    pauldla wrote: »
    I am a Christian business owner in Indiana

(I suspect this is an update of an old circular, but it still made me smile)

I cant really argue against 2 and 5 being a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

5aj6vr.jpg

• Advertisement

343985.jpg

344026.jpg344026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Traffic sign in Croatia:

V6U0UAT.jpg

344065.jpg

344122.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

mutranowski-12.jpg

Kivaro wrote: »
    mutranowski-12.jpg

I always find it odd that people with religious beliefs are not called out more for believing in imaginary friends and made-up places. People ridicule (rightly) scientology - but the other religions are just as nutty but are strangely generally accepted as being ok by most. The human race is bizarre.

344149.jpg

344153.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Worztron wrote: »
    I always find it odd that people with religious beliefs are not called out more for believing in imaginary friends and made-up places. People ridicule (rightly) scientology - but the other religions are just as nutty but are strangely generally accepted as being ok by most. The human race is bizarre.

It's because Jebus isn't imaginary! He's, like, totally real you guys! I'm super serial!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Apparently if enough people share a delusional belief it stops being delusional and starts being a virtue.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Apropos...

easter10.png

344183.jpg

kylith wrote: »
    It's because Jebus isn't imaginary! He's, like, totally real you guys! I'm super serial!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Apparently if enough people share a delusional belief it stops being delusional and starts being a virtue.

And they forgot to make up stuff for the dodgy carpenter from age 12 to 30. :p

The imaginary friend fan club hit critical mass and then the delusion became normalised for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Worztron wrote: »
    And they forgot to make up stuff for the dodgy carpenter from age 12 to 30. :p
    "For fck's sake Jesus, you call that a table? How on earth am I supposed to sell that? I give up! Just.... just go become a wandering preacher or something, yeah?"

344236.jpg

344304.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

#ThingsJesusNeverSaid trended last week:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThingsJesusNeverSaid

344315.jpg

344377.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

5dp45k.jpg

344434.jpg

344515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

17qwji27dn93ijpg.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

344561.jpg

344616.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

jesus-1110.jpg

Advertisement