Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

orubiru wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more! Be straight up with them and tell them that once upon a time there was a Jesus and he was the Son of God and did all these miralcles and....well it's a bit hazy but some real clever fellas with fancy costumes and an ancient book say that's what happened and we don't want to be bullied or ostracized so we go along, besides it makes us sound cool.

Sound familiar?
    Thats very good orubiru and would be even great if it had anything to do with the cartoon shown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

Thats very good orubiru and would be even great if it had anything to do with the cartoon shown!

Well, I think you need to understand that when people say that "Jesus didn't exist" they are generally talking about the absurd nonsense such as being the Son of God or doing some "miracles" or being crucified and coming back from the dead.

Coming back with some stuff about "Historical Jesus" doesn't change the fact that the myths about Jesus are still fiction.

As the cartoon says, DAFUQ is wrong with you people???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Funny-Graphics-3431.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

You do know of course, or at least I hope you do, that Jesus did exist which makes the whole point of your cartoon meaningless.

How do you know Jesus existed? The historicity of Jesus is not well evidenced at all. And a guy like you who likes to understand everything and not depend on some guys with funny hats and degrees, surely has a firm grasp on all the primary evidence we have available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

351548.png

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

orubiru wrote: »
    Coming back with some stuff about "Historical Jesus" doesn't change the fact that the myths about Jesus are still fiction.

Spot on,
    I'm sure historically Mohammad existed as a person, but that doesn't mean the religion that involves him is any more real then the religion that involves Jesus is real.

Of course to accept that the very existence of a person means the religion itself actually exists means we now have two competing gods which realdanbreen must now bet on in a fight to the dead.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

again unlike some around here I am not fixated or obsessed on God or religion.

But you do seem fixated on pointing out that you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Not sure if this belongs here.

351552.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

That "retarded" girl seems to be saying "What DAFUQ is wrong with you people???"
    I think she is probably just an athesit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

recedite wrote: »
    That "retarded" girl seems to be saying "What DAFUQ is wrong with you people???"
    I think she is probably just an athesit.

How "Christian" of you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

You may or may not be familiar with the website 'Fundies say the darndest things'; but if you have the time (and the stomach), have a read through their Top 100 list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

C'mon Dan, its the funnies thread, give us a joke you find funny FFS! How about this?

jesus-fish60001.png

jesus-fish60002.png

jesus-fish60003.png

jesus-fish60004.png

jesus-fish600051.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

pauldla wrote: »
    You may or may not be familiar with the website 'Fundies say the darndest things'; but if you have the time (and the stomach), have a read through their Top 100 list.

That is quite disturbing but I did love this particular quote:

"That's the beauty of Heaven... we can leave our brains behind."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

DAFUQ!

"My concern for level of pain of rape would be greater if it weren't for the fact that most American women deserve to raped because they oppose prostitution as a sexual outlet for men. Since they deserve to raped, I cannot concern myself with the pain rape causes them"

"Yes sex at six can cause psychological damage. But thats only in rare occasions. Most girls are fine. Thats a scientific fact."

I'm not sure I can read anymore without my brain exploding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

galljga1 wrote: »
    That is quite disturbing but I did love this particular quote:

"That's the beauty of Heaven... we can leave our brains behind."

Seems to me some begin that process early, in anticipation I suppose.

351681.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

robindch wrote: »
    *cough* ...fewer religion classes... *cough*

No personal comments please.

Thanking youze on this bright and rather lovely morning :)

I just watched Stannis Baratheon correct Davos for using 'lesser' instead of 'fewer' (S02E03) I think it was.

Watching GOT from the start while waiting for new episodes.

Orion wrote: »
    DAFUQ!

"My concern for level of pain of rape would be greater if it weren't for the fact that most American women deserve to raped because they oppose prostitution as a sexual outlet for men. Since they deserve to raped, I cannot concern myself with the pain rape causes them"

"Yes sex at six can cause psychological damage. But thats only in rare occasions. Most girls are fine. Thats a scientific fact."

I'm not sure I can read anymore without my brain exploding.

Like I said, if you have the stomach for it, have a read. Sorry all, perhaps I should have posted the link under the 'Hazards of Belief' thread.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

funny-pictures-christianity-auto-436246.jpeg

If you can read this, you're too close!

351763.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Liamario wrote: »
    Not sure if this belongs here.

I thought it was normally just called the bible.

:p

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

351880.jpg

351917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Quote# 62318

No, God's Penis is not a biological organ. I never said God's Penis was the same as man's penis. Obviously it wouldn't be. That is why I pointed out God has a Holy, Righteous Penis. That is to say, it's not the same as man's corrupted, fleshy one.

As I said when this subject first came up, once again: Penises are not just for sex & peeing. It is only because man is evil that he thinks of penises exclusively in those terms.

Man is made in the image of God the Father. That is the primary reason why man has a penis.

You cannot insert your evil prejudicial ideas of man's penis onto God - which is exactly what you are doing. God's Penis is not equal to man's penis. It's really not hard to understand.

Navaros, IMDB 329 Comments [5/15/2009 11:46:44 AM]
    Fundie Index: 459

I'd love to know what else I could be doing with it - sculpture or painting perhaps?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

I'd love to know what else I could be doing with it - sculpture or painting perhaps?

Salad spoon? Doorstop? Directing planes on runways? The list could be endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Makes a good pointer, in the right circumstances of course

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

A source of inspiration for some other great inventions perhaps;

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

11253593_10206023771286251_2714559530819969474_n.jpg?oh=4ad0dfa930b09802550ebd59a9951aef&oe=55FC6E56

1344828762585.png

352002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I just watched Stannis Baratheon correct Davos for using 'lesser' instead of 'fewer' (S02E03) I think it was.

Watching GOT from the start while waiting for new episodes.
    That is actually from the latest seasons. That was exactly the point when I realised that Stannis is actually awesome, a view I kept until last week's episode... :eek:

MrP

Advertisement