Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

2vxj9mo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

362423.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

pauldla wrote: »
    ^^^

HAN SHOT FIRST!

Picard is better then Kirk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

pauldla wrote: »
    ^^^

HAN SHOT FIRST!
    Cabaal wrote: »

61075071.jpg

:P

362425.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

362426.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Cabaal wrote: »

....causing a number of cans to explode, allowing the worms to freely rampage and inflict multiple casualties.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I see post 3630 is a broken link already, tinypic really sucks donkey balls.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I see post 3630 is a broken link already, tinypic really sucks donkey balls.

Is that a really obscure reference that I am not getting? because I can see a pic - screenshot thingy of twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

AstraMonti wrote: »
    61075071.jpg

:P

An unbeliever? Ready the kindling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

11863498_951863211554831_6284347649221125302_n.jpg

362568.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

A church offers free wedding. Sees membership triple. Has nothing to do with the fact it's called "The Church of Bacon":

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/13/church-of-bacon-sees-rush-of-new-members-after-free-wedding-offer-5389265/
    Be Sceptical.
    Respect Boundaries.
    Normalise Atheists.
    Normalise Religion.
    Have Fun.
    Be Good.
    Be Generous.
    Praise Bacon
    Protest Bias in the Law

362575.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

robindch wrote: »
    A church offers free wedding. Sees membership triple. Has nothing to do with the fact it's called "The Church of Bacon":

Unless Communion is in the form of Bacon, I'm not interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

X63Hds5.jpg

looksee wrote: »
    Is that a really obscure reference that I am not getting? because I can see a pic - screenshot thingy of twitter.

Wasn't working for me last night in 2 different browsers, it is now, but link rot is only a matter of time...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Wasn't working for me last night in 2 different browsers, it is now, but link rot is only a matter of time...

Would there be a cream for that?

looksee wrote: »
    Would there be a cream for that?

Too difficult to apply to the cute puppies and kittens typically featured in internet links.

A spray is available.

362735.jpg

robindch wrote: »

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/13/church-of-bacon-sees-rush-of-new-members-after-free-wedding-offer-5389265/

Anyone looking to get married.

ucb_clergy_certificate_Copy.png
    image share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Shouldn't that cert read "Fryer"?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Shouldn't that cert read "Fryer"?

I was going to type that but it has to be serious. http://unitedchurchofbacon.org/perform-weddings/

How to Get Ordained
    Apply below and we will get back to you quickly. If you are approved, you will get a certificate that you can print and bring to your local clerk’s office. They can direct to whatever other paperwork must be submitted. The United Church of Bacon is a real, legal church. If you get pushback and discrimination, contact us for help.

Is there a secret to getting approved? Yes! Don’t send in a joke application or one-line answers. Let us get to know you a little. We have great fun with our bacon name, but for legal reasons, please apply only if you actually intend to perform officiant services, and tell us something real about yourself and your aspirations, so that we may consider you seriously. Nearly everyone who puts real thought into their application gets approved.

Title
    “Officiant”, or write in Friar, Minister, Guru, Imam, Shaman, Rabbi, or another title.

I went with Friar cause its closest to fryer

This is probably not exactly funny, but I am so baffled by this. I was reading a local newspaper and then I got to this page..

362796.JPG

I had to actually google what novenas is. So these people send letters to the paper multiple times with the same thing in order to get their wish granted?

Ok.. I revert my first comment, this is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

AstraMonti wrote: »
    This is probably not exactly funny, but I am so baffled by this. I was reading a local newspaper and then I got to this page..
    I had to actually google what novenas is. So these people send letters to the paper multiple times with the same thing in order to get their wish granted?

Ok.. I revert my first comment, this is hilarious.

God reads the novena pages, y'know.

Sure he does, first thing with his morning dump.

These are one of the true imponderables of the faithful, in fairness the Catholic Church doesn't approve of them, but still people do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If we see a syndicate win the euro millions around near where Astramonti lives then we might try it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You'd wonder why those prayers are "never known to fail"...perhaps there's something sinister afoot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement