Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ETH8qOO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Sorry if it's a repost...!

th?id=JN.hhddUuS7Si26%2bE6fYwR%2bfg&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

364266.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

364342.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

204aFZE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

7dXqtVH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,093 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

12043030_1073275712691544_3075127227201805405_n.jpg?oh=d04e04adca6c7e5916b6a90964c1480f&oe=568B51D1

364410.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thargor wrote: »
    7dXqtVH.jpg

Huh? Who mentioned hating? How much hate do you see on this forum? Indifference, mocking - yes - and even then towards the believers rather than the object of their belief. As the man says, you can't hate something that does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It was more a "Lets laugh at this morons logic" kind of post, I dont actually agree with anything he says...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

looksee wrote: »
    Huh? Who mentioned hating? How much hate do you see on this forum? Indifference, mocking - yes - and even then towards the believers rather than the object of their belief. As the man says, you can't hate something that does not exist.

I agree,
    I can't hate something that doesn't exist?

I can no more hate god then I can the easter bunny, its illogical to hate something that doesn't exist

I can only hate the crimes and hatred carried out in the name of religion, as these have a real physical impact on the world.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Ya see, the problem with all you goddamn atheists is that you're prostitutes!

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/sex-belongs-to-believers
    http://americannewsx.com/hot-off-the-press/wing-nut-pastor-sex-belongs-to-christians-everyone-else-is-a-whore/
    John Piper wrote:
    Sex belongs to Christians. Because sex belongs to God. [...] If it is used by those who do not believe and know the truth, it is prostituted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

robindch wrote: »

So women will pay me to have sex with me?
    Why did nobody tell me this?

Feck, does that mean I can not be arrested by the Gardai as well?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Thargor wrote: »
    7dXqtVH.jpg
    I'm not too fond of leprechauns, mischievous little caricatures that they are.

Also, hissable villains abound in fiction, so his premise is clearly wrong.

364479.jpg

364541.jpg

Worztron wrote: »
    364541.jpg

Hmmm, any Muslim traditional enough to wear, or have his wife wear, complete cover clothing is not going to be touching like that in a photograph - or be in a photograph. Posed!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Michael OBrien

Hmmm, any Muslim traditional enough to wear, or have his wife wear, complete cover clothing is not going to be touching like that in a photograph - or be in a photograph. Posed!

Unless of course he is a hypocrite. He should also have his hair covered although he may be wearing something tiny on the top of his head and he should have a proper beard not a few days unshaven.

Yeah, photographs of living or dead people is forbidden in strict islam, never allowed in the home. It is seen as a form of fit'na (idol worship).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Of course it's posed. Many of the jokes on this page don't refer to any real-world religious phenomenon, but to caricatures created for satirical purposes. Unless you can find a photograph which coincidentally illustrates your caricature, you have to create one.

You didn't think all the pictures you see in this forum are documentary photographs, did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Of course it's posed. Many of the jokes on this page don't refer to any real-world religious phenomenon, but to caricatures created for satirical purposes. Unless you can find a photograph which coincidentally illustrates your caricature, you have to create one.

You didn't think all the pictures you see in this forum are documentary photographs, did you?

photos can lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

12107811_10102689532073118_6899090518144338828_n.jpg?oh=f6baa85c1cee468b0a6a92e387902701&oe=56A2256F

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

polymorphic light eruption (PMLE)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2365156/Woman-severe-sun-allergy-wears-floor-length-dress-HIJAB-time-goes-outside-protect-skin.html

since ya made a piss-poor effort at killing it
    Nodin wrote: »
    photos can lie?

Peregrinus wrote: »

Well no, most of the images are cartoon type pictures, but this is pretending to be a 'real' photograph. If it is staged then the humour is just not there, it is just a bit of feeble contrived mockery.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Well no, most of the images are cartoon type pictures, but this is pretending to be a 'real' photograph. If it is staged then the humour is just not there, it is just a bit of feeble contrived mockery.

I'm a bit lost - if it had been a cartoon representation of the same couple with the same caption, it would have been funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Well, let's be honest. Staged or not, this is not an especially funny post. And, FWIW, some of the funniest ones use obviously staged photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

funny-pictures-auto-628218.jpeg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

364630.jpg

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    funny-pictures-auto-628218.jpeg

There's no Catholics either :D

Advertisement