Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

seamus wrote: »
    The child also appears to have had a thorn in his foot for 12 days

The only thorn I know of that's an inch long would be blackthorn. It has a very bad habit of breaking off inside the puncture wound and causing severe blood poisoning. If the child had one of those in his foot, he'd know all about it, poor little sod. Sometimes it would be very hard to see where it went in though, unless there was localised redness, but you'd think he'd be limping and that the parents might be aware of what the kid could step on in the countryside.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Obliq wrote: »
    The only thorn I know of that's an inch long would be blackthorn. It has a very bad habit of breaking off inside the puncture wound and causing severe blood poisoning. If the child had one of those in his foot, he'd know all about it, poor little sod. Sometimes it would be very hard to see where it went in though, unless there was localised redness, but you'd think he'd be limping and that the parents might be aware of what the kid could step on in the countryside.

Sore enough on the hands too. But if you make your own sloe gin, well worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Study suggests (just a little tongue-in-cheek) that there may be up to 32,000* virgin births in the US every year :pac:

32,000 messiahs every year. And I'm just sitting here contemplating.

*0.8% of ~4m

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

NY State Senator Says Times Square Atheist Billboard is Religious Persecution Like the Kind That Led to the Holocaust
    Senator Lanza said, “Just as millions of Americans are preparing to celebrate Christmas, this intolerant and hateful group deliberately ridicules the solemn beliefs of millions of New Yorkers.”

“Not only do the people behind this group not believe in God but they obviously don’t believe in decency, civility and kindness to fellow human kind either. This is part of a continued “War on Christmas” and also upon the belief and value system of millions of Christian, Jewish and Muslim people who have faith in God. Religious persecution of the kind that similarly lead to the Holocaust began with small evil baby steps of ridicule and hatred of the religious beliefs of others.”

Brace yourself for the hate!?!?!

s8THAkd.png
    BndupGy.png
    vEer3QH.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_my1t7jdkjY1rlzfo2o3_r2_500.jpg
    tumblr_my1nf53msn1rlzfo2o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_my1m33NbaR1r7gbhio1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

1489266_624482610923175_1681530778_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

koth wrote: »
    Two men in a pickup try to torch a "Keep the Saturn in Saturnalia" sign, but are spotted and drive away. The FFRF, which put up the sign, offers $2K reward for information on the arsonists:

http://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/19786-ffrf-offers-$2k-reward-for-arson-info

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1526214_10152053229890155_96666055_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

kylith wrote: »
    467356.jpg
    Heh, yes was posting this in a thread earlier; Jesus really didn't like the moneylenders:

Giotto_-_Scrovegni_-_-27-_-_Expulsion_of_the_Money-changers_from_the_Temple.jpg

One of the few groups to drive him to violence - could learn a thing or two from him there :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleansing_of_the_Temple

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jewish moneylenders no doubt - proof Jesus was an anti-semite :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They had tiny cows back then.

Also, I'm a bit dubious about what that kid is doing to the apostle on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Gordon wrote: »

Also, I'm a bit dubious about what that kid is doing to the apostle on the left.

Dwarf cows. Where do you think those little burgers come from? Or the little cartons of milk you used to get in primary school?

And it's the two bearded gentlemen to the right I'm worried for.

They're just eskimo kissing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

They're just eskimo kissing.

Its like the da vinci code. In the painting we see a table thrown onto its back and 2 men kissing. First clue that Jesus to part in gay orgies and a gospel goes into the details of it but was banned because it didnt suit their agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

1578-switched-to-atheism-funny-cartoons-merry-christmas-card.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bah. I'm a better wrapper than the mrs. and she maintains she's an agnostic (although I maintain she's an agnostic atheist in slight denial :pac: )

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They aren't tiny cows, they are full sized cows.

Jesus and the rest of the people are giants,

601220_10200374528444286_1227834009_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Cabaal wrote: »
    They aren't tiny cows, they are full sized cows.

Jesus and the rest of the people are giants,

The Nephilim!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Those be Dexter cattle, the tastiest of all cattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

23WlWuC.png

tumblr_ml6i78S1yr1s7sjs3o1_500.jpg

An old one, but one of my favourites: :D

tumblr_luy8ysVxUu1qc2ylzo1_500.jpg

funny-painting-Jesus-deformed.jpg

"Angels exist but have no wings, says Catholic 'angelologist'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10530177/Angels-exist-but-have-no-wings-says-Catholic-angelologist.html
    Torygrapy wrote:
    Angels exist but do not have wings and are more like shards of light, at least according to a top Catholic Church "angelologist" who says the heavenly beings are now back in vogue thanks to New Age religions. "I think there is a rediscovery of angels in Christianity," Father Renzo Lavatori said on the sidelines of a conference on angels in a lavishly-frescoed Renaissance palace in Rome.

"You do not see angels so much as feel their presence," said Father Lavatori, adding: "They are a bit like sunlight that refracts on you through a crystal vase." The clergyman was taking part in a debate on angelic art by the Fondazione Archivio Storico organised in the Vatican-owned Palazzo della Cancelleria.

He said the popularised image of angels is a necessary result of their being "back in fashion" but is dismissive of all the angel art around Christmas. "There is space for that, but you have to understand that these are not real representations. Angels do not have wings or look like cherubs," he said. The widely-published Catholic clergyman is also a "demonologist" and says angels are more needed than ever because increasing secularisation and materialism in society have left an "open door" for the devil.

"There is a lot more interference from diabolical forces. That is why you see queues of people outside the exorcists' offices in churches," he said. "Pope Francis talks more about the devil than about angels and I think rightly so. But it's still early, he will get round to the angels too."

Erm.. Father Lavatori? Surely that's a joke!

Erm.. Father Lavatori? Surely that's a joke!
    Apparently not :(

They don't have wings?
    ****, somebody may need to tell the priests.

My local church has a massive painting of angels with wings right behind the alter, do they now have to photoshop out the wings?

robindch wrote: »
    "You do not see angels so much as feel their presence," said Father Lavatori
    Oh right, you don't see them.
    adding: "They are a bit like sunlight that refracts on you through a crystal vase."
    OK, so you do see angels then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

"They are a bit like sunlight that refracts on you through a crystal vase."

or that is actually just refracting sunlight, that you are seeing

Advertisement