Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

286762.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

286888.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Cheesecake or Jesuscake? You decide!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/20131225scottsdale-family-cheesecake-crucifix-miracle.html
    AZ Central wrote:
    A Scottsdale family on Wednesday said their cheesecake is a Christmas miracle.

When they pulled the dessert out of the oven, it cracked as it cooled. According to the family, the cake crack resembles a crucifix.

Family members say they won’t be eating the cheesecake. Instead they plan on selling it and donating the money to a local charity or church.

286892.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

robindch wrote: »

I thought Christians were supposed to eat Jesus? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure why they think it's a crucifix, it's obviously the Swedish flag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

8Jd0Kpd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

What kind of fecking base are they using for that cake? Looks more like a sponge to me!

Looks more like a sponge to me!
    Could be a True Christian cake - rising from the dead on the third day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Could be a True Christian cake - rising from the dead on the third day.

Shouldn't that be rising from the bread? :pac:

287063.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The cheesecake is a lie.

287264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

From God's Facebook page, always dependable:

1520770_591832274237813_411136094_n_zps5d4136a0.jpg

544142_594350853985955_1073790821_n_zps23758069.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

^^^^^
    probably turned all of Paul's drinkable water into wine the night before. He gets off on people suffering. The sicko!!

287506.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

If he had the colander on his face, would it have strained his voice during the swearing in?

(Plagiarized from the comments section of the above article).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

At least he didn't have to do a silly ritual, like put his hand on a bible...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I like the way the registrar is high-fiving him. Respect dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

What kind of fecking base are they using for that cake? Looks more like a sponge to me!
    I have been known to use a sponge base for my baked cheesecakes :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I have been known to use a sponge base for my baked cheesecakes :o

The Devil DOES exist! :eek:

287676.gif

Christians erect the ten commandments at Oklahoma's Statehouse, so satanists start collecting money for a "7-foot-tall [....] goat-headed Baphomet figure sitting cross-legged on a stone slab, flanked by two smiling children [...] also include quotes from poets Lord Byron and William Blake." Lawmakers in Oklahoma, however, have insisted that the Satanists should not be given the same treatment as Christians.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/06/satanic-temple-unveils-7-foot-goat-headed-baphomet-statue-for-oklahoma-capitol/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Dem comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Christians erect the ten commandments at Oklahoma's Statehouse, so satanists start collecting money for a "7-foot-tall [....] goat-headed Baphomet figure sitting cross-legged on a stone slab, flanked by two smiling children [...] also include quotes from poets Lord Byron and William Blake." Lawmakers in Oklahoma, however, have insisted that the Satanists should not be given the same treatment as Christians.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/06/satanic-temple-unveils-7-foot-goat-headed-baphomet-statue-for-oklahoma-capitol/

I think it looks fantastic and would definitely go see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

kylith wrote: »
    I think it looks fantastic and would definitely go see it.
    Could be a tourism sensation!

287817.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Liked this comment from Robin's story:-
    Jesus was not a zombie, actually. Zombies are unintelligent, possess none of their former personality or abilities, and rot.

Jesus retained his sense of self, and while he kept the injuries he had when he died, he didn't rot any further (or at least no rotting or smell was reported). He also kept all of his supernatural powers, including the ability to ascend bodily into heaven (if the stories are to be believed).

That means that by definition, Jesus was a lich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lich

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

And while reading that story, saw this:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/08/pope-francis-preaches-tolerance-yet-gay-teachers-like-mark-zmuda-get-fired/
    Have you heard the one about the gay teacher who was being fired for marrying his male partner, then was told he could possibly stay on if he got a divorce? This may sound like a joke – in theory the church is equally opposed to both divorce and gay marriage – but it was an actual suggestion made to Mark Zmuda, a vice principal at the Eastside Catholic School in Seattle, Washington, who was being forced to resign from his job a few weeks ago when school administrators learned that he is both married and gay.
    In fact, just yesterday Eastside Catholic School announced that freelance drama coach Stephanie Merrow, who is engaged to another woman, is “welcome” to continue working at the school. The school is now looking for ways to prevent the Zmuda controversy from happening again.

It's okay, she doesn't have a dick :rolleyes:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

So much fail..

Btw it's NSFW, strong language.

Advertisement